Real Working Rigs : 2009 - 2013

A place to discus Convoy, Super Convoy, Matchbox Trucks and any other trucks that you collect
SIRO CONVOY
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Real Working Rigs : 2009 - 2013

Postby SIRO CONVOY » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:29 am

Gee I wonder why they dont sell so good, the price maybe, the scale is off to a collector of there trucks, and again mum and dad or nan and pop wanting a cheap present have better and cheaper in the stores to get the children, they are fools who ever is in charge of the truck side of things at Mattel with Matchbox, the lies and crap about dropping the the original line because we can not get new licenses was just that a LIE!!!!! Nice Western Star they do which was a new licensed product, and that would of been a seller world wide no worries, they want trucks gone like this from the Matchbox range and the writting has been on the wall for some time.

TRUCK COLLECTOR

THE RUNNING MAN
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby THE RUNNING MAN » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:29 am

Currently on special at selected COLES for $6.29.
I cannot resist buying extra of the CASE COMBINE at this price.
ITS DEFINITELY A DISGRACE that mattel cannot release recolours of the licensed trucks they issued in 2009/10. I suppose quality merchandise such as CREATURE CATCHERS is their priority....

cheers J

SIRO CONVOY
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby SIRO CONVOY » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:39 pm

They are a bunch of dickheads dropping the Convoy line, and the lies that went along with it from the Mattel TOF member with crap like we can not do this or that and then turn around and do it with things like new licensed vehicles etc and chrome instead of grey plastic, they wanted this line to die and they did it, the fucker who made this happen I hope never has another good sleep in his life, unlike cars you can run out the same casting 1000 times with a new paint job and it is different and very different to the last, for example, FORD FALCON IN WHITE, FORD FALCON IN BLUE, at the end of the day it is the same casting different colour and this is how it is seen, but you do a REDCAP KENWORTH, KFC KENWORTH, NINTENDO KENWORTH, etc etc, different thing about the trucks is the name on the side of the trailer comes first not the make with the trucks the name on the trailer plays a huge part and sets it apart from the same casting being used many times, hope I am making sense here with what I am trying to say.Also lets say you use the REDCAP trailer with a Kenworth, wonder what would happen if you then used the Peterbilt with that REDCAP trailer, yes you have a different truck and trailer, wow how easy is that, you could even go as far as a Transport gift set and use the same fucking trailer with 5 different cabs, really the brain storming these dickheads must have done was about wrecking the convoy line not saving it or making it better.

AND MATTEL IF YOU ARE READING THIS I HOPE YOU PAY ATTENTION AND GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASS`S AND LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUCK COLLECTOR

markkaz
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby markkaz » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:09 pm

In my opinion, they could have done a better job
with the castings offered. When they put too much
farm stuff in the mix, they don't sell and the stores
don't re-order.

It loose like Hasbro is picking up the ball and running
with it with their Tonka line. While they are more
like toys than collectibles, they are nice. This line
is going to start getting more attention from me
than Matchbox.

SIRO CONVOY
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby SIRO CONVOY » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:36 pm

Siku is coming along very nice, get some Kenworths or Peterbilts in their line up and things will advance for sure, the trailers they have are great and the farm machinery as loads even better, fingers crossed they do.

TRUCK COLLECTOR

charliep

Postby charliep » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:31 am

Mattel just finished running a promo and 3 different RWRs were given to those who participated. At least there is some life left in the series. Like all of the above posts, I totally agree that this was a great series and I did manage to acquire an example of each if not more. I missed out on the just concluded promo though.

Return to “Big Rigs (Convoy & more)”