Sky Busters 2012

The place to discuss all things related to Skybusters
johnnijhuis

Sky Busters 2012

Postby johnnijhuis » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:29 pm

I just finished the 2012 issues of the skybusters on our catalog http://www.mbxforum.com/11-Catalogs/00-Software/jncnSky.php

It is my summing up of all models I did buy so far (except the F-35B). Surprisingly I have 37 models issued this year.

I keep on asking Mattel via the Ambassador for a correct list according Mattel of the years 2010, 2011 and 2012. But it's apparently a bridge too far for them to supply this list. I also asked now about 800 times why the numbering is taken of the packaging. According to Dave Weise of the development centre the numbers of the packaging (like W5322) is logic enough to serve as that number. This remark and the fact that no numbers are on the packaging shows once again their interest in selling to collectors and I don't beleive that are not even aware of what's on the blister.

If you have any comments on the list please contact me at info@jnijhuis.com

By the way I am still looking for the F-35B number W5343 Can anyone help me?

oblivious

Re: Sky Busters 2012

Postby oblivious » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:17 pm

John,

Are the SB numbers in your catalog above 43 the "real" SB numbers, as assigned by Matchbox, or were they assigned by collectors? I've heard that these lists differ, and I'd like to get the official list.

Dean
Dean Dierschow - dean at xocolatl dot com
Bay Area Matchbox Collectors Association
Webmaster

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:55 pm

We would all like to see an official list of castings but I think you are right John it all seems too hard for Mattel. The fact that you are asking for lists from 2010, 2011 & 2012 doesnt seem to me like it would fall into the category of "commercially confident" so I think you are right, they just dont care.
Of course the excuse of commercially confident doesnt really wash with me anyway as we are told lists cannot be released due to this restriction (the same applies to Hot Wheels) and then we are also told that casting lists are complete up to 18 months in advance to allow for production and licensing to be complete in time so the excuses seemingly contradict one another.

Thanks for your work John, without guys like you we would have nothing.

Bill50
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Bill50 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:36 pm

johnnijhuis wrote:I just finished the 2012 issues of the skybusters on our catalog http://www.mbxforum.com/11-Catalogs/00-Software/jncnSky.php

It is my summing up of all models I did buy so far (except the F-35B). Surprisingly I have 37 models issued this year.

I keep on asking Mattel via the Ambassador for a correct list according Mattel of the years 2010, 2011 and 2012. But it's apparently a bridge too far for them to supply this list. I also asked now about 800 times why the numbering is taken of the packaging. According to Dave Weise of the development centre the numbers of the packaging (like W5322) is logic enough to serve as that number. This remark and the fact that no numbers are on the packaging shows once again their interest in selling to collectors and I don't beleive that are not even aware of what's on the blister.

If you have any comments on the list please contact me at info@jnijhuis.com

By the way I am still looking for the F-35B number W5343 Can anyone help me?

Your words just prove they are not interested in the adult collector and why they keep pretending by appointing a yearly Gold Bus collector is beyond me.
Happy Days we are getting out of the EU

johnnijhuis

Postby johnnijhuis » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:30 pm

oblivious wrote:John,

Are the SB numbers in your catalog above 43 the "real" SB numbers, as assigned by Matchbox, or were they assigned by collectors? I've heard that these lists differ, and I'd like to get the official list.

Dean

Dean sorry for responding so late. I use Matchbox Numbers.

Return to “Skybusters”