It looks like the first 2015 Skybusters are out

The place to discuss all things related to Skybusters
David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

It looks like the first 2015 Skybusters are out

Postby David Tilley » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:17 pm

I have no idea if this is the entire batch, or whether there are any new ones in there. I don't actually collect them so have no idea on them. But I have listed this down as batch A on my listings page.

:) :D :P

Chuck Wiersma

Re: It looks like the first 2015 Skybusters are out

Postby Chuck Wiersma » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:45 pm

The fifth model in new livery in this batch is the SB 93 Snowbird with pack code CGG17.

Also note that three of the five new releases in this batch have had the old wheel assemblies replaced with the new all plastic wheel strut assemblies as first introduced on the SB 94 Drone. The SB 70 Hypersonic Jet, SB 113 Fang Fighter, and SB 115 Duel Tail all have the old assemblies replaced with the new ones. The old rear wide carriage assemblies with metal axles dated back to the Lesney era. The models do not appear to have been modified to take the new landing wheel struts.

I found these models at a Wal Mart in northeast Ohio (USA). The retail price was $3.44 each. The back of the cards list Sky Shredder, Fang Fighter, Hypersonic Jet, Snow Explorer, and Duel Tail as models - all of which appear in this batch. The cards were stamped G47. The batch appeared to have hold over models from previous batches as well. However, as I did not notice the wheels changed, I did not look to see if the wheels changed on the holdover models as well.

David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby David Tilley » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:47 pm

Many thanks Chuck. I try to keep up with Skybusters purely as a part of my listings. I do not care for them myself, and so when I see new stuff I have literally no idea over what is actually new and what is older stuff still being sold. So when you point out stuff like this, I really appreciate it. I will alter my listings accordingly next time I do an update.

:) :D :P

SteveR

Postby SteveR » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:13 pm

Sad to have to say that I've found some of these latest in the UK - at a Asda Supercentre and an independent toy shop, but in HW packaging, following on some others from the Entertainer and TRU last year.
Tesco also have the SB 4-packs on clearance, so looks like it might be the end for Skybusters in the UK under the Matchbox brand.

Those seen were
CHY59 Fang Fighter - Black
CHY63 Blaze Buster - orange yellow
CHY60 Dual Tail - Green
CHY53 Sky Safari - Orange
CHY?? Snow Explorer - Blue/White

SteveR

carmagreviews
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby carmagreviews » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:24 pm

Un-realistic liveries have wrecked the series - a few months i saw a Dark red Steath Bomber when its Black paint that helps it be a stealth in first place! - NEWRAY planes are far better!

only 2 of the new series interest me - the sea plane like rescue and whats looks like 1968c proto for the SST (The Americans were going to make something like the concorde but pulled out - a SST is featured often in Gerry Anderson;'s 1970-1972 UFO series with UK based US actor Shane Rimmer at the controls (I think he is 80 now)

94SS
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby 94SS » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:05 pm

Glad I do not collect those...

Return to “Skybusters”