All quiet in the skybuster department

The place to discuss all things related to Skybusters
charliep

All quiet in the skybuster department

Postby charliep » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:53 am

There has been no activity recently regarding new releases. According to my notes, 27 models have been released with 9 to go (if the plan still is to release 36 this year).
I have contacted the current mbx ambassador to see if Mattel is giving him any info about future new releases as was customary with his predecessors. The holidays are fast approaching, so one would think that they will release the remaining balance pretty soon.

Chuck Wiersma

Re: All quiet in the skybuster department

Postby Chuck Wiersma » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:36 am

Actually, I just picked up two new castings over the weekend plus two new liveries.

charliep

Postby charliep » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi Chuck........any pictures? Thanks.

Chuck Wiersma

Postby Chuck Wiersma » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:56 am

Well I tried to load pics and I finally gave up. With my new computer, it just won't let me attach the files to a hosting site so I just plain said the heck with it. It is soooooo much easier to take a snapshot on my phone, edit it on the phone, and upload it to Instagram in the span of about 2 minutes. The old way I used a digital camera, uploaded it into my old pc, edited it, saved the files, uploaded the files to a photo hosting site, logged onto this site, wrote something, added the links, and posted it. It took at least on hour the old way. I wish I had an easier way.

Anyway, the new models are the SB 126 Tiltin' Turbo and SB 127 Backdraft. Both are new designs. The Tiltin' Turbo has engines that tilt vertical for a simulated vertical take off. The Backdraft has chrome plastic engines with a pink canopy over them. Quite a shiny look. New liveries include the Stunt Plane in light blue and orange with white and black checkerboard and 92. I think the Stunt Plane is a holdover from the batch released a few months ago. The other new livery is a yellow Sikorsky S-92. The model is yellow with black base and white, silver, and red MBX livery. I believe the Sikorsky and the Tiltin' Turbo were released in the same batch as both cards have only these two models listed on them. The Backdraft model has no models listed on its reverse side but merely a black and white profile photo of the Backdraft model. All four models have the most recent strut and wheel design. The Tiltin' Turbo, Stunt Plane and Sikorsky had batch codes H27. The BackDraft had base code H31.

Worth note here, the four Sky Busters issued in the recent Mission Force Farm and Arctic sets had base codes H25 and reverted to the older style wheels with the open metal axle. I wonder if this is what caused a delay in those two sets?

charliep

Postby charliep » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:46 pm

Thanks Chuck for the info. I did come across all those mentioned except the SB127 Backdraft. The SB126 Tiltin' Turbo (lime) has CGG09, and the Sikorsky S92 Helicopter (yellow) has CGG35 on the blister pack. What blister number is the SB127 Backdraft? I am trying to figure out whether the plan is to run the 2015 series from CGG01 to CGG36. So far I have found 27.

Chuck Wiersma

Postby Chuck Wiersma » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:53 pm

The SB 127 Backdraft is pack CGG10 - same as engraved on the base of the model. It will be interesting to see what number gaps show up from your tracking.

charliep

Postby charliep » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi Chuck,
Thanks for the info. If the 2015 series is going to be numbered from CGG 01 until CGG 36, then the following has yet to be released:
CGG 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 12 & 36.

Chuck Wiersma

Postby Chuck Wiersma » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:12 pm

My database indicates the same missing numbers. Let's see what this holiday season will bring.

Chuck Wiersma

Postby Chuck Wiersma » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Oops, just realized a logic flaw here. The pack code numbers CGG00, CGG01, CGG02, CGG03, CGG04, and CGG06 have already been issued for the Supreme Hero's line. I haven't found a reference for CGG05 yet though. Let's wait and see what still may develop.

Return to “Skybusters”