January 2016 Sky Busters releases

The place to discuss all things related to Skybusters
Chuck Wiersma

January 2016 Sky Busters releases

Postby Chuck Wiersma » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:54 pm

Five more Sky Busters have been released in the last few days of January, 2016. The five models include:

DKG85 Sky Safari in orange and black Sky Safari 5000 livery.
DKG87 Biplane in metallic white with orange wings in ADLAR58 and 12 livery. Wheels have now been converted from open axle carriages with the single wheel struts.
DKG86 Fang Fighter in metallic violet with white base and yellow and orange tampa deco.
DKG84 Eurofighter Typhoon in metallic lime with blue wings in black/green/white livery. The open axle wheel carriages on this model have been converted to the landing struts as well.

The back of the packs list a total of 7 models including the above five models in addition to the Duel Tail and Freeway Flyer. Both of these additional two models were in previously released liveries. Models were found at both Toys R Us and Wal Mart. My local Wal Mart had them priced at ten US cents which is ridiculously cheap. I bought one set at this price and informed them of their pricing error. They then quickly changed it. They are normally priced at $2.97 or more. Toys R Us had them at $3.99 each.

carmagreviews
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: January 2016 Sky Busters releases

Postby carmagreviews » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:07 am

But are they real colours!!! ..what was Matchbox thinking years ago in making a brown Steath bomber??? Duh its the special black as well as the shape that makes it practically invisable....

tomt

Postby tomt » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:21 pm

Chuck I was just getting ready to post these pics today and saw your post. Paid 3.44 for them at Walmart last week. You got a great deal!

Anyway here are the 5 new models and the picture of the back showing whats in this batch.

I like this one the most

As per Chuck's description, the Duel Tail(black & green) and Freeway Flyer(yellow with grey wings) are 2015 colors.

charliep

Postby charliep » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:19 pm

Hi Chuck & Tom
Just picked the 5 newest releases from the local WM.
Please note - the blister pack numbers are as follows:
DKG 84 EuroFighter Typhoon
DKG 85 Sky Safari
DKG 86 Stealth Launch
DKG 87 BiPlane
DKG 88 Fang Fighter

PS: I am not sure if all 2015 SBs have been released.
If yes, the series started with CGG 07 Roto Warrior and ended with CGG 35 Sikorsky S-92 helicopter (missing CGG 12).

tomt

Postby tomt » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:49 pm

I think that CGG 12 is the only one not released.

Return to “Skybusters”