2015 Gathering - Who is going? When are you arriving?

The place to find out anything and everything about the MC Gathering of Friends - Held every July in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
TOYRFIC
Elite Member
Elite Member

2015 Gathering - Who is going? When are you arriving?

Postby TOYRFIC » Sun May 24, 2015 12:37 am

....and also, what are you bringing to sell or trade?

What are you looking to buy?

April and I will be there Thursday afternoon.
We are bringing with us..... Matchbox!

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones!
JASON

David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: 2015 Gathering - Who is going? When are you arriving?

Postby David Tilley » Sun May 24, 2015 7:44 am

Well as many people know already I am going to be bringing my young niece with me this time. She celebrates her 14th birthday this coming Saturday, and taking her on a trip to USA (something I have promised her since she was really young) is the main part of my birthday present to her. Although the majority of our trip will be in the northern United States (3 nights in NYC and a week in NJ renting a car to travel a little further afield) we are starting off by coming to Albuquerque.

We will be arriving Thursday night. It will be quite late in Albuquerque by the time we arrive (roughly 9-10pm) and with an early start from the UK 7 hours ahead, we will have been up almost a whole day straight. So although we will be there Thursday late, we will likely just head up to our room, collapse on the beds and fall asleep. So in reality our weekend starts Friday morning (leaving Monday lunchtime).

I am not going to be bringing anything with me to trade, although I have a couple of items I am bringing over for people at their request. If anyone else requests anything from the UK please let me know. I have plenty of space in my suitcase to bring more items if needed. I have already put up a list of wants in another thread.

:) :D :P

jpi37087
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby jpi37087 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:30 pm

Steph and I are leaving the Nashville area Wednesday morning, driving to El Reno, OK and stopping for the night, then on the road early Thursday morning and plan to get to the Marriott late afternoon\ early evening Thursday, check in and unload the rental mini van, we will have our usual BIG selection of basic matchbox from the last 18 years but plan to have a couple totes of gold challange, supreme heros, NSF and others along with lots of hot wheels pop culture ans some basic hot wheels. I will also have some green light and a tote of johney lightning. Then Monday morning we head northwest to Salt Lake City and then take a BIG road trip into the northwest and accross the northern planes with a stop in Rapid City, SD to see Mt Rushmore and to check out mall of America. Of the 3 gathering trips we have taken over the years this will be the biggest and longest of these trips. Looking forward to seeing everyone!! :D
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby David Tilley » Mon May 25, 2015 2:03 pm

Excellent. I will be looking forward to the 1990s/early 2000s Matchbox stuff as this is an area I am really expanding at the moment. It sounds like you will be there not too long before me, and leaving shortly before me too.

Of course after the bit about bringing some totes of Gold Challenge, Supreme Heroes, NSF and others, you seemed to trail off into a bunch of non-sensical words. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: It all started to make sense when you spoke of what was happening Monday, but that bit in the middle? I have no idea what it means.... :?: :?: :D :D :lol: :lol:

Jeff Koch
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Jeff Koch » Tue May 26, 2015 7:14 pm

I'm getting in Thursday noonish.

I will have my usual rag-tag assortment of internationally-sourced odds and sods, almost none of which are Matchbox. A token smattering of Hot Wheels but nothing crazy. Mostly I just want things gone.

What am I looking for?
* Models of Japanese cars, Matchbox and otherwise
* three 1990-ish Swop Tops: Corvette, Mustang and Porsche 968
* Vintage obscurities (mostly non-Matchbox related)
* Bargains
* To have a good time!

Just made hotel reservations myself, so I'm in. Can't wait to see everyone!

jk

TOYZMASTR

Postby TOYZMASTR » Wed May 27, 2015 6:31 pm

Looking for -

Short international cards (anything - Matchbox,Siku,Hot Wheels,Majorette)
Sports/racing cars
Exotic cars
Huge discounts from Jeff K

robcleve117
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby robcleve117 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:14 pm

I will be flying in Thursday afternoon and flying out Monday morning

I am bringing some superfast. police cars, Disney busses and planes and some other misc matchbox

I will be looking for anything matchbox I don't have

See you all soon

markkaz
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby markkaz » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:28 am

I arrive Thursday July 16 in the early afternoon but I have to leave late morning Sunday.

David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby David Tilley » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:32 am

Does this mean no racetrack? I enjoy rolling models down the racetrack. I miss that. Seeing which of the promo models for the event rolls the fastest.

TOYZMASTR

Postby TOYZMASTR » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:32 pm

Driving in Wednesday around noon to check out any open rooms and check in Thursday.

Return to “MC Gathering of Friends”