The 2016 new toolings are....

The place to find out anything and everything about the MC Gathering of Friends - Held every July in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

The 2016 new toolings are....

Postby David Tilley » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:20 pm

For those who have been itching at the bit to find out just what we have in store for 2016, here you go.

There will be 25 new toolings.

Locomotive Train (generic - already seen in the Ambassador report)
Freightliner Fire Engine
3-axle Explorer Vehicle (generic)
Zamboni Ice Machine 546
Ice Vehicle (generic)
Coast Guard Helicopter (generic)
Amphibious Vehicle (generic)
2014 Ford Transit News Van (this comes with a moving (lifts up) satellite dish on the roof)
Side Tipping Dump Truck (generic)
1968 Mustang "Mudstang" (this is basically the '68 Mustang on huge 4x4 wheels)
Double Wheel Tractor (generic - the internal wheels will be a part of the base)
Off Road Camper (generic)
2015 Mazda Miata MX-5
1990 VW Transporter Crew Cab
2015 Chrysler 300
X-ray Vehicle (generic - the X-ray section will spin around outside the vehicle)
2015 Chevy Corvette Police Car
Yacht (generic - they are hoping to have a "water wave style" removable plinth to sit it on)
Airport Bus (generic)
Big Rig Wrecker (generic)
Horizontal Excavator (generic)
Side By Side ATV (generic)
2015 Volvo V60 Wagon with carrier
2015 Dodge RAM Police Truck
1971 Nissan Skyline 2000 GTX

The new guys are hoping that for 2017 they can add more realism again and implement more changes but as they are new to the team 2016 had pretty much already been set in stone.
:) :D :P

mbxamb4

Re: The 2016 new toolings are....

Postby mbxamb4 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:06 pm

Note, this line was developed by the former design team. Gerry has some big shoes to fill, but he has hit the ground running.
I am looking forward to 2016!

mbx64
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mbx64 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:20 pm

Does the Volvo V60 'with carrier' mean it will have roof racks? Sounds cool to me! I figured the new wagon (we knew it was coming from a Q&A in a Report) would either be the V60 or the Passat if it was not a classic, and I would have been happy with both. We have not seen a new Volvo in quite a while and they have gotten very attractive lately.

David, do you know what was shown in the 2015 'coming soon' stand? Were any new models for this year shown, such as the Cadillac Beast or the Jaguar F-Type? I have not heard anything about this stand yet.

markkaz
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby markkaz » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:59 pm

The prototypes were underwhelming but it was great to be able to meet you in person!

carmagreviews
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby carmagreviews » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:25 pm

For those of us that can remember the last time Matchbox brought out trains will remember they were peg warmers - this will repeat itself on -Freightliner Fire Engine ; Siku been doing the same thing too but will a bit better success becauseof its details - Keep trains of the menu leave it to others... a waste of a mould when a licensed car would be great - as for the real cars looking good but why 71 Nissan GT-R when Hot Wheels has done it

David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby David Tilley » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:20 pm

mbx64 wrote:Does the Volvo V60 'with carrier' mean it will have roof racks? Sounds cool to me! I figured the new wagon (we knew it was coming from a Q&A in a Report) would either be the V60 or the Passat if it was not a classic, and I would have been happy with both. We have not seen a new Volvo in quite a while and they have gotten very attractive lately.

David, do you know what was shown in the 2015 'coming soon' stand? Were any new models for this year shown, such as the Cadillac Beast or the Jaguar F-Type? I have not heard anything about this stand yet.
The sheet they handed out stated the Volvo had a carrier, but the slideshow showed a cad file of an early mock up and it did not have it. So there may be a carrier on top there may not be. The guys did tell us that they start out with what they want to do and then have to make alterations and change things as they go on to get to an end product. So we will have to wait to see on that one.

As to the 2015s, here are a few photos I took.
Unfortunately, my camera died on me before we got to this stage, so I took to using my phone to take pictures. Therefore they are not as good as I would have wanted. But it may give you an idea.
There were a lot already seen, but you may notice the white vehicle is the Jaguar F-type. It looked gorgeous, even though it still was not a final liveried version. The Cadillac was on the top row along with the new Jeep and the Ford Construction pick up.
I did notice that the Ford Construction pick up is actually carrying on the Ranec livery tradition. I asked about these to the new guys, and they said they will attempt to keep these INC/Ranec/National Parks liveries going.

:) :D :P

mbx64
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mbx64 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:51 pm

Thanks David! This is exactly what I was looking for. :) The Jeep Cherokee looks really good. I have not seen a model that looks as accurate as this in a while. The casting looks very well done and I like the front and rear tampoes. The F-150 contractor also looks nice and I appreciate the Ranec livery as well. The Jaguar F-Type looks good from what I can see, although it is hard to tell in white, as it is in the same stage as the Alfa was at last year's Gathering.

The Cadillac Beast appears be liveried as the Presidential version. Is this MB1000? It would be a fitting model.

Highway Star

Postby Highway Star » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:46 am

There are some nice models to come at least. I am especially looking forward to the Volvo V60. But the roof rack sounds not very encouraging. This may mean that it will have a plastic roof...
Robert

ritchie

Postby ritchie » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:03 pm

Great! thanks for the 2015s photos!

The General
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby The General » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:40 am

2015 Dodge Ram Police?

SYDNEY ROOSTERS 1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2017

Return to “MC Gathering of Friends”