2016 New Toolings Part II

The place to find out anything and everything about the MC Gathering of Friends - Held every July in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Vinra
Elite Member
Elite Member

2016 New Toolings Part II

Postby Vinra » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:46 pm

David gave you the list of the new tooling names for 2016 already. The MB team also gave out a colour handout of the 2016 new models which included the (tentative) model names and a picture of what probably was the inspiration of the model. I don't know how readable or helpful this will be, but here's the handout:

Additionally, they had 3D printed models of the new ones on display behind a plexiglass case. My camera wanted to focus on the case rather than the models inside, but I did get some pretty good group shots of them which you might enjoy if you haven't seen them already:

mbx64
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: 2016 New Toolings Part II

Postby mbx64 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:47 pm

This is awesome; thanks so much for sharing. I have been waiting for closer photos impatiently!

I see what David meant with the Evoque, but the model itself looks great. Proportions are spot on, large 10-spokes, and the roof usually has a panoramic sunroof anyways. The Chrysler 300 also looks very well done. Again, proportions look superb, and I just saw the re-designed 2015 300 today and I liked it a lot. This model will be a winner.

The Corvette looks well done, as does the Miata and VW. I look forward to the Freightliner as well, and I hope the tank is not part of the base section and rear fenders otherwise it cannot be chromed.

The best thing abut your photos, however, is the Transit van. The base section looks plastic! Are we getting a metal-bodied Transit?! :o

ritchie

Postby ritchie » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:30 am

Thanks for the superb images. Interesting to see the Yacht with removeable water wave plinth. And I found the Amphibious vehicle (below the Evoque) the most interesting. I suppose its wheels can be moved up and down but not able to spin?

carmagreviews
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby carmagreviews » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:44 am

Some Great stuff - particularly long awaiting Range Rover Evogue - even some of generics are starting to look realistic - and much that i said i would not buy Mustang on Fat Feet looks good too after all here in the Hutt for many years was a Triumph 2500PI on fat feet re-powered by a Big Block Chev

Highway Star

Postby Highway Star » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:23 pm

Thank you for the pics! These give a good impression of what will come. However I do not think that the wheels of the amphibious vehicle would move in any way...

But for the Radar Truck - didn't we have a Radar Truck in previous years and it was rather ill-fated? Now they have split up that idea on two vehicles - the Transit has a dish on the roof now.
Robert

TOYZMASTR

Postby TOYZMASTR » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:13 pm

The VW double cab will be a great addition to everyone's VW collection but needs to be corrected to a 1990 model and have square headlights. :? I was there at the convention and sadly the headlights are round on the resin model.

Return to “MC Gathering of Friends”