Thank You Michael !

The place to find out anything and everything about the MC Gathering of Friends - Held every July in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Vinra
Elite Member
Elite Member

Thank You Michael !

Postby Vinra » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:20 am

Back in 2004, at Gathering 2, I asked a young Mattel designer to sign a model for me that he did some design work on. His name: Michael Heralda.

and the model was a Batmobile:

Fast forward to Gathering 13 in 2015, I had the pleasure once again to ask former Mattel designer (he just retired after working on 5000+ models) to sign another model for me. This time I chose a model with the name of the Mattel house band, The Toys, in which Michael plays guitar. He was happy to oblige:

and the model of the motor home:

Well, it seems that Michael had a deal going that if anyone wanted an autographed "The Toys" motor home, he would give them as a bonus an autographed "The Toys" guitar pick. Unfortunately, he left his picks at home, but he said if I gave him my address he'd send one to me in the mail. Well, as a man who's true to his word, in the mail today arrived my autographed guitar pick:

It was great to see Michael for perhaps the last time (although with his love for toy cars, I pretty much expect him to show up at future Gatherings) and I really want to thank him for the autograph and the pick. It's nice to have a toy AND a story to go with it. :D

(P.S.> I don't know if Michael reads this board or not, but if anyone out there knows him, could you tell him "Thanks!" for me? I'd sure appreciate it! ;) )

TOYRFIC
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Thank You Michael !

Postby TOYRFIC » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:03 am

Wow! That is awesome Randy.

I talked to Michael for a bit on Sunday and he said that his wife and him were looking into moving to Albuquerque.
So maybe we will continue to see him every July.

You need to get out of Omaha Randy and make it to the Gathering every year. No more every other year nonsense!
JASON

Vinra
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Thank You Michael !

Postby Vinra » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:45 pm

Jason, I may never go back. They don't have any rooms on the ground floor at the Marriott and the elevator rides are just too scary! :shock: :shock:

Return to “MC Gathering of Friends”