Page 1 of 1

Loot from the Matchbox Gathering in ABQ USA

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:55 pm
by matchboxtom
Loot from the Matchbox Gathering in ABQ USA

Image

Purple 67 RW
All yellow shovel
GPW bus
GPW Red Nestle


Image
Silver Roller Cat
No peep hole Refuse Truck (yay!)

Image
Variety of SF

Image
Three preproductions including painted resin 'morphed' Viper that was never produced and Test Shot Mustang with no text on base.

Re: Loot from the Matchbox Gathering in ABQ USA

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:43 pm
by Mustang Jerry
Very nice That purple VW is on my list as well.

Re: Loot from the Matchbox Gathering in ABQ USA

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:47 pm
by David Tilley
The morphed Viper is still on my wants list too. However, I only collect what I call final prepros. These are the ones, where the model is painted up and it all there. Partials, resins, unpainteds etc I tend to leave behind. So although it is awesome you found a morphed Viper, because it is resin I am not jealous. I know there are 2 styles of final prepros (silver and silver with bullet holes) at least, and didn't Larry show off some others in a report recently too? There are some out there. Eventually I will get one. I have 2 Dodge Stealths (one black, the other black/green striped).

:) :D :P

Re: Loot from the Matchbox Gathering in ABQ USA

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:34 am
by Jimgallegos
You scored very well. Nice finds

Re: Loot from the Matchbox Gathering in ABQ USA

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:55 am
by Sergoids
Very nice finds. That Stretcha Fetcha is ├╝bercool !

Re: Loot from the Matchbox Gathering in ABQ USA

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:18 am
by mbxamb4
Yes a great time and treasures! One of my best finds was some black box Japanese issues from the Yoshise couple from Japan. Very nice people.

Re: Loot from the Matchbox Gathering in ABQ USA

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:26 am
by Toyotageek
mbxamb4 wrote:Yes a great time and treasures! One of my best finds was some black box Japanese issues from the Yoshise couple from Japan. Very nice people.


Ohhh...... can you post some pictures? Always interested in anything coming from Japan :D

Re: Loot from the Matchbox Gathering in ABQ USA

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:55 am
by mboxcollector
David Tilley wrote:The morphed Viper is still on my wants list too. However, I only collect what I call final prepros. These are the ones, where the model is painted up and it all there. Partials, resins, unpainteds etc I tend to leave behind. So although it is awesome you found a morphed Viper, because it is resin I am not jealous. I know there are 2 styles of final prepros (silver and silver with bullet holes) at least, and didn't Larry show off some others in a report recently too? There are some out there. Eventually I will get one. I have 2 Dodge Stealths (one black, the other black/green striped).

:) :D :P

You're like me when collecting prepro's. I don't collect resins or unpainted metal samples. They must be in what you call final prepro's. Why you say!!!!! I have no clue, it's just a preference and that's all!!! I have yet to obtain the silver version with or without bullet holes. I hope to add those versions some day.

Re: Loot from the Matchbox Gathering in ABQ USA

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:58 am
by mboxcollector
matchboxtom wrote:Loot from the Matchbox Gathering in ABQ USA

Image

Purple 67 RW
All yellow shovel
GPW bus
GPW Red Nestle


Image
Silver Roller Cat
No peep hole Refuse Truck (yay!)

Image
Variety of SF

Image
Three preproductions including painted resin 'morphed' Viper that was never produced and Test Shot Mustang with no text on base.


You did excellent at the Gathering. Really nice models!!! Sorry we didn't have a chance to get together and chat. Maybe next year I won't be so busy running around.
Larry