It's time to talk about the Gathering!!

The place to find out anything and everything about the MC Gathering of Friends - Held every July in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Badge109

It's time to talk about the Gathering!!

Postby Badge109 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:32 pm

kay everyone,

It looks like this is the right time of year to take roll call. As I've said one hundred times already this will be the first Gathering experience for my wife and I!!! We are extremely excited to attend. Okay, maybe me more than my wife. We fly into Denver on Thursday, July 14 and travel south from there, arriving in ABQ that night around 9 or 10pm. From there we are roadtripping allllll over the west for two weeks.

Who is coming? When are you arriving? My wife and I are going to have lunch with the emergency crew on Friday, probably visit the Route 66 Summerfest on Saturday afternoon before we attend the Gathering dinner.

As my wife looks over my shoulder as I type this, I'm reminded of a question: What's the attire for dinner? I'm assuming shorts and a polo are good? Or are long pants recommended? I suspect it's a fairly casual event.

Can't wait to meet everyone and reconnect! I'm probably unrecognizable from when I stopped collecting around age 17. Hard to believe I'm 30 now.

Matt Fogarty

Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: It's time to talk about the Gathering!!

Postby Jimgallegos » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:31 am

Welcome. I plan on checking in on Thursday after noon. Check by the elevator for in room trading room numbers. I can let you know where to go in Abq. or even on your road trip if you need help. Attire is casual so you will be fine in shorts. Don't forget the Sunday night pool party. See you here.
Jim Gallegos. Thanks to all who were a part of the 2015 Matchbox Collectors Gathering. Start planing for 2016. Dates are 15-17 July 2016. Registration Starts 31. Dec. at midnight MST Email me for details. matchb0x1@aol.com

Badge109

Postby Badge109 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Can't wait to meet you and everyone else. We must hit the road by Sunday midday to continue west so we will be missing out on this pool party I keep hearing about.

matchboxtom
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby matchboxtom » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:10 pm

Hi Matt,

I arrive Friday afternoon. Hope to meet you then.

Tom Larson

Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Jimgallegos » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:33 am

Dealer model to be revealed this week. Watch on the Instagram MC_Gathering and the Lamley blog.
Jim Gallegos. Thanks to all who were a part of the 2015 Matchbox Collectors Gathering. Start planing for 2016. Dates are 15-17 July 2016. Registration Starts 31. Dec. at midnight MST Email me for details. matchb0x1@aol.com

Ghosthunter

Postby Ghosthunter » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:25 am

I hope you have a good meeting Guys and do please have a toast for the forums, oh, and bring back some good pictures... :D

Ghosthunter.

ems90

Postby ems90 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:57 pm

Matt, I'll be there(as you know already), with my wife Robin and friend Derek. Robin and Derek will be driving down from Toronto, Ontario and plan on arriving on Thursday some time. I'm flying in on Thursday (work schedule), but we'll be staying at the Marriott until Monday Morning then driving back along Route 66 back to Toronto.

We're looking forward to seeing you at the Emergency Collector's Lunch at the Owl (I presume). On Friday around noonish. There's tentative plans also for dinner on Friday night at a place called Bucca de Pepe's (great Italian food) - the restaurant is right behind the Hotel. Looks like about 8-10 or so are planning on going there after the "Cake & Shake" (a greeting and welcome to the Gathering event at the Hotel). Then the "in-room trading" begins.

Too Bad you're going to miss out on the Sunday Pool Party - This is a highlight of the Gathering. Are you sure we can't convince you ?? - First round for you and wife are on me (hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink) - remember, just like Vegas - What happens at the Pool Party, stays at the Pool Party ;)

Take Jim up on his offer for places to see and things to do in Abq - he's become a great friend to Robin and I and is an excellent ambassador for New Mexico's sights and events !!!

See you soon - Glen
Glen Gillies
Paramedic - Toronto Paramedic Services

Badge109

Postby Badge109 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:49 pm

ems90 wrote:Matt, I'll be there(as you know already), with my wife Robin and friend Derek. Robin and Derek will be driving down from Toronto, Ontario and plan on arriving on Thursday some time. I'm flying in on Thursday (work schedule), but we'll be staying at the Marriott until Monday Morning then driving back along Route 66 back to Toronto.

We're looking forward to seeing you at the Emergency Collector's Lunch at the Owl (I presume). On Friday around noonish. There's tentative plans also for dinner on Friday night at a place called Bucca de Pepe's (great Italian food) - the restaurant is right behind the Hotel. Looks like about 8-10 or so are planning on going there after the "Cake & Shake" (a greeting and welcome to the Gathering event at the Hotel). Then the "in-room trading" begins.

Too Bad you're going to miss out on the Sunday Pool Party - This is a highlight of the Gathering. Are you sure we can't convince you ?? - First round for you and wife are on me (hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink) - remember, just like Vegas - What happens at the Pool Party, stays at the Pool Party ;)

Take Jim up on his offer for places to see and things to do in Abq - he's become a great friend to Robin and I and is an excellent ambassador for New Mexico's sights and events !!!

See you soon - Glen

Glen we are indeed excited. Definitely doing lunch with you on Friday. I'm whipping up something special just for you guys, too. I'll be coming with some other stuff to sell/trade during the convention. We won't have time this year for the pool party, but I'm sure there are many great conventions to come.

robcleve117
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby robcleve117 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:54 pm

I will be there Thursday afternoon late and flying out Monday morning

matchboxtom
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby matchboxtom » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:09 pm

I will be in Friday Afternoon. Say Hi at the meet and greet. I will have Matchboxtom on my name badge.

Return to “MC Gathering of Friends”