Registration for the 2017 Gathering

The place to find out anything and everything about the MC Gathering of Friends - Held every July in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

Registration for the 2017 Gathering

Postby Jimgallegos » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:25 am

Time to register for the Gathering is approaching quickly. Registration starts on December 31st at midnight, Mountain Standard TIme. The 1st 75 paid registrations will get a special 75 piece Code 1 Matchbox model in a plastic case and the option to purchase ONE the 2nd variation of the same model. After the 1st 75 paid registrations are received, the remainder of paid dinner guests receive one of the 2nd Dinner Model variation models. Please be sure to send the attached registration form completely filled out so we can prepare your name badge.

Dealer models will come in a plastic case once again this year. They will be sold only to paid dealers only and 1 to each paid dealer table. I hope all can join us. We will once again share the event live.

Thank you for your interest in the 2017, 15th Annual Matchbox Collectors International Gathering of Friends Toy Vehicle Convention, brought to you by Route 66 Promotions and sponsored by the Mattel® Matchbox® Team.
Dinner and Dealer Registration starts December 31st 2016 midnight MST.
(Please no earlier) Pay Pal accepted + 5% Pay Pal Fee (matchb0x1@aol.com)

The Convention will be held July 21st-July 23rd 2017 at the Albuquerque Marriott, 2101 Louisiana Blvd. in Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States of America. Hotel Phone: 001 (505) 881-6800 Group Code DIECAST

The event includes:
* The Mattel Matchbox Design and Marketing Team from El Segundo California.
* The top collectors from around the world.
* Exciting presentations form world renowned experts in the world of Matchbox.
* A Sit down Dinner followed by a Mattel Mini Line Preview Presentation by the Mattel Team.
* Charity auction featuring many proto types as well as a large selection of models and memorabilia donated
by Mattel and collectors from around the world.
* Huge Sunday Toy Show.
* First responder vehicle show featuring, Albuquerque Police, Albuquerque Fire Department, Bernalillo
County Fire Department, well as many others.
* Come meet old friends and make new ones. This event is all about the friends we make and hobby we share.
Please read and complete the following to secure your spot at the event!

****To select which of the following you would like to purchase, please complete and return the registration form.

Dinner and Auction: Reservations required.
Saturday 22nd July 2017. Seating begins at 5 and dinner at 5:45pm
The dinner is limited to 125 guests. Only the 1st 75 paid guests receive a special limited 75 piece run model. You may purchase the 2nd run model if available. All other paid dinner guests receive a limited second variation of the 75 piece run model.
Dinner ticket includes: dinner, participation in auction, early admission to Toy Show on Sunday, July 23rd, and an exclusive Code 1 Dinner model.

Table(s) for Toy Show: Sunday, 23rd July 2017
Table selection is available on a first come, first served basis.
By purchasing tables, you agree to the following:

• Set-up time is 7:30-9:00AM, Sunday, July 23rd. Set-up must be completed by 9:30AM
• No take down prior to 3PM
• There is a limit of two people admitted per paid table reservation
• Vendors and guests must wear provided badges while in the show
• You will be directed to your space upon arrival
• You must have a badge to be admitted to the toy show prior to 10AM on Sunday.
• There are no refunds after July 1st, 2017, NO EXCEPTIONS
• The promoters and/or sponsors CANNOT accept any liability for items lost, stolen, damaged, or otherwise.

PLEASE FILL OUT COMPLETELY AND RETURN WITH PAYMENT or Pay Pal:

I would like to reserve _____________ dinner guest places @ US$80 per guest on 22nd July 2017.

PLEASE PRINT YOUR FULL NAME AS IT SHOULD APPEAR ON BADGE.

Screen or board name: __________________________________________________________

Name of dinner guest #1: ______________________________________________________________________________

Name of dinner guest #2: ______________________________________________________________________________

Name of dinner guest #3: ______________________________________________________________________________

Name of dinner guest #4: ______________________________________________________________________________

Name of dinner guest #5: ______________________________________________________________________________

I would like to reserve __________ table (s) @ US$45 per table on 23rd July 2017.

Please complete in BLOCK CAPTIALS the details below:

First Name: ____________________________________________________________________

Last Name:

Phone:

Street Address:

City:

State/Postcode:

Email Address:

List Guests here: ____________________________________________________________________

Payment details:

Due with reservation, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Please choose from the following options:
• Money Order: Payable to Jim Gallegos

• : matchb0x1@aol.com. All Pay Pal payments MUST ADD 5% to cover Pay Pal fees.

Return this completed form via mail or email to: Jim Gallegos:

Address: P.O. Box 15414, Rio Rancho, New Mexico, 87174, USA.
Email: matchb0x1@aol.com
Questions? Contact Jim Gallegos or call 001 (505) 980-4330.

I need your email to notify you. You will be notified by email that your registration has been received and if you are in the 1st 75 or next group.
Hotel Reservations:

For Hotel Reservations:

Call 001 (505) 881-6800

visit: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/a ... p=resvlink

Mention Route 66 die cast convention code DIE. Or Die Cast Show

2017 Convention rate is US$100/night per room.

Map:
Jim Gallegos. Thanks to all who were a part of the 2015 Matchbox Collectors Gathering. Start planing for 2016. Dates are 15-17 July 2016. Registration Starts 31. Dec. at midnight MST Email me for details. matchb0x1@aol.com

Vinra
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Registration for the 2017 Gathering

Postby Vinra » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:16 am

I just got done sending my registration in! Hope to see everyone there again this year! :group:

durangokid

Postby durangokid » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:23 am

I am IN for the 15th Annual Gathering! Should be another great event!
If you're thinking about it, take the plunge and come to Albuquerque -- you will not be disappointed.
Hope to see you there!!

Bill
DurangoKid

David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby David Tilley » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:46 pm

I am booked in (along with my niece) as we are heading to USA for a 2 week road trip mid July. We both can't wait to head out to USA again and even though she is not a collector, my niece is looking forward to Albuquerque almost as much as I am.

:) :D :P

slowdive90

Postby slowdive90 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:52 am

Hello,

I'm all in, I sent in my dinner registration and got confirmed by Mr. Jim Gallegos.

Just so everyone has an idea the cause and effect of putting on a great convention every year (thanks Jim), combined with the slowly-but-surely-turnaround Matchbox has been inching towards consistently in the past year and a half (thanks Gerry and Abe), I submitted my dinner registration payment on 1/1/17 at 12:04:23am MST, and was informed by Jim that I missed being in the first 75 dinner registrants *by two minutes*!

Yes, you read that correctly: Jim experienced record-shattering registrations on opening night, by selling out of the reservations to secure the ultra-limited 1 of 75 dinner model by 12:02am! So, I am in the "still-awesome-though-not-quite-so-limited" 2nd dinner model group. Wow! Congrats to Jim, his continued partnership with Mattel/Matchbox, and the assistance of everyone who has a social media platform to help get the word out about the Convention (like Mr. Lambert over at Lamley), so each year builds upon the success of the previous year. Great job, everyone!

Sincerely,
Marco

jpi37087
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby jpi37087 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:55 pm

Well Slowdive90 I am in the same boat as you, I was floored when he told me how quick the first 75 sold out compared to years past, the key thing is Steph and I are planning on coming out for our 5th road trip to Albuquerque this July and will have 3 tables for the Sunday show :D Now we wait and see how we will plan our trip, it will either be a big ambitious cross country trip spanning to the northwest again like in 2015 or it may tie in with a small local club toy show the weekend before in St Louis, MO and just work our way to Albuquerque from there taking the scenic route, kinda like what we did in 2013 :) Eitherway the countdown is on!
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Vinra
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Vinra » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:15 pm

I feel it too! I'm going to have to get a new faster internet provider for next time (or maybe use a sniper program?) because even though the time on my email says :00 and my paypal email says :01, I didn't make it into the first 75 either. :( That's the first time I've ever been out of the first 75. I'll probably line up for the dinner around noon then just so I can get in to get a seat at a table at this rate!

I've got enough points saved up on Southwest so I'll probably fly. It's a faster trip that way and I can save my vacation days to visit the grandkids at a later date.

David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby David Tilley » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:13 am

Wow! I am glad I stayed up for it now. I waited until 7am UK time and as soon as it clicked on the time I clicked send on the email. So I must have been around 1 or 2 seconds beyond midnight pacific time. Jim has confirmed that I did make the first 75 cut.

It is really good to hear that he sold out the first 75 so quickly. Although not if you are one of the poor people who missed out on it. But this does mean that Matchbox as a brand must be getting more out there if more people are planning on attending the Gathering.

:) :D :P

matchboxtom
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby matchboxtom » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:51 pm

durangokid wrote:I am IN for the 15th Annual Gathering! Should be another great event!
If you're thinking about it, take the plunge and come to Albuquerque -- you will not be disappointed.
Hope to see you there!!

Bill

All booked. Maybe I can help you guys out this year again.

Tom

Vinra
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Vinra » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:38 pm

matchboxtom wrote:All booked. Maybe I can help you guys out this year again.

Tom

Will any of your fellow Northwesterners be making the pilgrimage as well? Maybe you can help some of those guys out of the mud and get them back this year? :)

Return to “MC Gathering of Friends”