Collectors' Questions for Mattel via the Matchbox Ambassador

Find all the latest information, details and pictures from the Matchbox Ambassador.
The General
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Collectors' Questions for Mattel via the Matchbox Ambass

Postby The General » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:07 pm

I guess none of the above questions made the cut for the January 28 report released today.
SYDNEY ROOSTERS 1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2017

adbutler
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby adbutler » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:00 pm

The General wrote:I guess none of the above questions made the cut for the January 28 report released today.

I guess not. And still no sign of the Alfa 4C either. :(
MAJORETTE..... this is how a 3inch diecast vehicle is made Mattel!

ellingham
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby ellingham » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:56 am

blue wrote:I would love to know why its soo damn hard to collect Matchbox if you live in the UK?

Easy to answer that,imo and with experience of the large buying groups the terms offered by Mattel are not satisfactory.The big buyers specify shipping outers and how they want retail packs.

Tesco etc also have own label toys for toddlers which will have a bigger mark up.

mbx64
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mbx64 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:15 pm

The General wrote:I guess none of the above questions made the cut for the January 28 report released today.
I disagree entirely. The question about wagons posted here was asked and answered very well in the January 28th report. We also learned that the 4C is coming in February, from a question here.

The first two questions are redundant because Mattel has constantly explained themselves over and over why they use generics and bright colors. It may not be working, but there is no point is asking those questions if we know they are using generics to save money from licensing and bright colors to attract kids.

The General
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby The General » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:22 pm

mbx64 wrote:The first two questions are redundant because Mattel has constantly explained themselves over and over why they use generics and bright colors. It may not be working, but there is no point is asking those questions if we know they are using generics to save money from licensing and bright colors to attract kids.

Mattel may indeed believe that their tactics are paying off but they are clearly not. Hero City nearly destroyed the Matchbox brand. My question has nothing to do with generics. Some generics look fantastic.

My question is simple: Does the Matchbox team not realise that ugly liveries and terrible colour schemes actually attract less kids than authentic liveries and standard colours?

I don't feel that they have ever addressed this question specifically let alone "constantly explained themselves over and over" as you suggest. :(
SYDNEY ROOSTERS 1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2017

Bill50
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Bill50 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:36 pm

Asking Mattel questions is the biggest load of silly tosh I have ever heard adult toddlers wanting to participate in.They are taking the piss out of everyone.

They make crappy little toys that kids do not want in the first place.Hot Wheels the kids like not those utterly boring xmas cracker inserts.

Majorette and many others run rings around what the US&A produce.
Happy Days we are getting out of the EU

matchboxmarcel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby matchboxmarcel » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:11 am

When do they get a new sales representive who actually know how to sell models and offere the product to the store.?
(like Fred Bronner in the past)

Remember it is all about distribution.

Since years Mattel says, the stores don't take them, I don't believe this. If the Mattel sales department believes in the producti we get the product back into the stores.
So we realy need sales representive Mattel people who believe in the Matchbox product.

marcel

Return to “'Matchbox Ambassador' Central”