Ambassador's Report January 9th 2015

Find all the latest information, details and pictures from the Matchbox Ambassador.
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3440
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Highlands, Scotland, UK
Contact:

Ambassador's Report January 9th 2015

Postby admin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:03 am


User avatar
adbutler
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 2044
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:08 am
Location: Waikuku Beach, North Canterbury , New Zealand

Re: Ambassador's Report January 9th 2015

Postby adbutler » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:00 am

Cheers for posting Brad and to Larry for writing it.
The Dune Dog, Land Rover Defender 110 & Highway Maintenance Truck all look pretty good, no complaints with these. The International Scout 4x4 is a casting I hate but even it looks really good in the National Parks colour scheme. I still hate the wheels on the Supreme Heroes, they look great on the Ford Explorer but totally out of place on the Fire Engines. Still, they're not being released here so it doesn't really matter as I'll never see them.

Larry - when will we get to see the Alfa 4C? :poke: :mrgreen:
MAJORETTE..... this is how a 3inch diecast vehicle is made Mattel!

User avatar
David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1816
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Re: Ambassador's Report January 9th 2015

Postby David Tilley » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:16 am

Thanks for the latest report. I too do like the Dune Dog and Land Rover Defender 110. They may be a little more cartoony than the norm, but neither is a childish cartoon. In fact, I could see the Dune Dog look in real life as I have seen Suzukis and Jeeps with similar style looks in real life. Both are going to be nice additions. Plus, the Land Rover is tan, which I like because I often find some great shades on it. The International is another cool addition to the National Parks theme, and the Highway Maintenance Truck looks very realistic in simple orange.

Sadly, they keep throwing us more of this Rescue Helicopter. It looks very neat and tidy tampo-wise, but I wish we didn't keep getting helicopters in the basic range (or 5-packs in this case) as they have a whole range of Skybusters to throw them in.

It is nice seeing a group of the unissued Champion models. It is a shame they never actually made it to production. I agree, you rarely see more than 1 at a time, and then only randomly. I have not actually picked any up as yet. I will eventually, but as they are pretty much standard production vehicles with a Champion logo on the front, I have never been overly worried about getting them.

It is a shame the Seakings series didn't stick with us. My above comment on helicopters being used in the basic range/5-packs when they have Skybusters could have also worked for boats if the Seakings range had continued.

I do like the idea of a classic Aston Martin Vantage (to compliment the current Volante), VW Tristar (to replace the Merc Unimog that will not be used any more) and 2016 Ford Bronco (well, just because it fits with the Matchbox theme).

Thanks for the latest report and I look forward to the next one.

:) :D :P

User avatar
94SS
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 3:47 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA
Contact:

Re: Ambassador's Report January 9th 2015

Postby 94SS » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 pm

Do not like the Defender 10...looks childish. It will be the first 110 I will not buy!

I have decided not to buy all Matchbox moving forward. Too much crapola. I will get each new casting once. No 9/5 packs etc.

More money for Majorette and Welly

User avatar
Bill50
Founding Member
Founding Member
Posts: 3791
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:26 pm
Location: North Wales UK

Re: Ambassador's Report January 9th 2015

Postby Bill50 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Are people still reading these reports as I thought Majorette was the new kid on the block.It is a journal of corporate bollocks.
Happy Days we are getting out of the EU

mboxcollector
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:55 pm

Re: Ambassador's Report January 9th 2015

Postby mboxcollector » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:16 am

adbutler wrote:Cheers for posting Brad and to Larry for writing it.
The Dune Dog, Land Rover Defender 110 & Highway Maintenance Truck all look pretty good, no complaints with these. The International Scout 4x4 is a casting I hate but even it looks really good in the National Parks colour scheme. I still hate the wheels on the Supreme Heroes, they look great on the Ford Explorer but totally out of place on the Fire Engines. Still, they're not being released here so it doesn't really matter as I'll never see them.

Larry - when will we get to see the Alfa 4C? :poke: :mrgreen:


I just asked about the Alfa 4C a few days ago. Hope to have an answer for you shortly.

carmagreviews
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:52 am
Location: Upper Hutt Wgtn New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Ambassador's Report January 9th 2015

Postby carmagreviews » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:07 am

Booring ..Booring ..I will buy the Land Rover 110 I got most of them except the Lesley ones -I think the Amazon Jungle one was the best - Is the Alfa 4C going to be out or is it canned - Matchbox were first to announce a head of Siku but Siku model came out here in New Zealand in Nov 2014 I brought that instead
The Dune Dog is basically another version of 1978 Land Cruiser but slimed down and a generic - not interested in it :( as for the Planes totally un-realistic paint jobs
I was a toy store today and saw a 4 pack Mission box with a brown or was it a red! Steath bomber - if matchbox ever does any research the unique black paint helps it be a stealth bomber ...nuts

User avatar
adbutler
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 2044
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:08 am
Location: Waikuku Beach, North Canterbury , New Zealand

Re: Ambassador's Report January 9th 2015

Postby adbutler » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:48 am

mboxcollector wrote:
adbutler wrote:Cheers for posting Brad and to Larry for writing it.
The Dune Dog, Land Rover Defender 110 & Highway Maintenance Truck all look pretty good, no complaints with these. The International Scout 4x4 is a casting I hate but even it looks really good in the National Parks colour scheme. I still hate the wheels on the Supreme Heroes, they look great on the Ford Explorer but totally out of place on the Fire Engines. Still, they're not being released here so it doesn't really matter as I'll never see them.

Larry - when will we get to see the Alfa 4C? :poke: :mrgreen:


I just asked about the Alfa 4C a few days ago. Hope to have an answer for you shortly.

Cheers mate. Fingers crossed it looks good and the Mattel bean counters haven't forced Matchbox to change it over to a plastic body to cut costs. :troll: :mrgreen:
MAJORETTE..... this is how a 3inch diecast vehicle is made Mattel!

User avatar
adbutler
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 2044
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:08 am
Location: Waikuku Beach, North Canterbury , New Zealand

Re: Ambassador's Report January 9th 2015

Postby adbutler » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:50 am

carmagreviews wrote:Is the Alfa 4C going to be out or is it canned - Matchbox were first to announce a head of Siku but Siku model came out here in New Zealand in Nov 2014 I brought that instead

I was having a look at the Siku Alfa 4C the other day and didn't think much of it. The proportions looked all wrong to me.
MAJORETTE..... this is how a 3inch diecast vehicle is made Mattel!

carmagreviews
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:52 am
Location: Upper Hutt Wgtn New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Ambassador's Report January 9th 2015

Postby carmagreviews » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:18 am

My Feeling too Ad but remember its 1/55 Scale - i still will buy the matchbox version if we ever..get it


Return to “'Matchbox Ambassador' Central”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest