Ambassador's Report February 11th 2015

Find all the latest information, details and pictures from the Matchbox Ambassador.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ambassador's Report February 11th 2015

Postby admin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:03 am

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ambassador's Report February 11th 2015

Postby admin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:14 am

An Ambualnce with a glass roof : FAIL

A military vehicle with no interior, black windscreen but grey side windows : FAIL

A generic bulldozer : Design is a winner, non moving scoop and no real play value : FAIL

A generic 4x4 type vehicle made from plastic : EPIC FAIL

A 19 page report on the current state of play of the brand, set up as a conduit between the company and the collector and only 3 pages are on the current line : MASSIVE FAIL - Not on the part of the Ambassador I might add.

Each and every month I go to the shops, cash in hand looking and willing to spend it with Mattel, and each and every month I fail to find product and these reports are the perfect demonstration of why the brand is failing. The product is rubbish and the distribution is non-existent. Give up Mattel you have failed

mboxcollector
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mboxcollector » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:43 am

admin wrote:An Ambualnce with a glass roof : FAIL

A military vehicle with no interior, black windscreen but grey side windows : FAIL

A generic bulldozer : Design is a winner, non moving scoop and no real play value : FAIL

A generic 4x4 type vehicle made from plastic : EPIC FAIL

A 19 page report on the current state of play of the brand, set up as a conduit between the company and the collector and only 3 pages are on the current line : MASSIVE FAIL - Not on the part of the Ambassador I might add.

Each and every month I go to the shops, cash in hand looking and willing to spend it with Mattel, and each and every month I fail to find product and these reports are the perfect demonstration of why the brand is failing. The product is rubbish and the distribution is non-existent. Give up Mattel you have failed

mbx64
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mbx64 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:53 am

Thanks Brad for the quick posting and Larry for the report.

Brad, I will echo your disappointment. First off, with the '63 Caddy Ambulance. Noooooooo! Another diecast model tainted by the dreaded plastic. Oh dear. I prefer new castings to be composed mainly of plastic than Mattel going back into the archives and, essentially, ruining the models that were once dear to our hearts. This will not go over well with many.

Also, other issues. The bubble light has moved forward, from the middle rooftop, to the front of the car, and it looks weird. It should be the way as in this picture:

And something that never used to bother me, but has now with my maturity in collecting habits is a modern font on a classic vehicle. The "Ambulance" is not so bad, but the writing in front of the driver's door says "MBX ......" in modern caps lock and looks wrong. I should not complain so much, though. I like the coloring, deco, inclusion, chrome base, and the fact that at least the plastic is new/clear.

But WHAT? No Modern Rides 5-pack?! Uh-oh. This Alfa 4C better get here quick before I starve. I am looking forward to what the Classic Rides 5-pack has in store. :)

The MXT-MVA is okay, same with the Ground Breaker. The Sahara looks decent but I cannot get over the loss of suspension, plastic body, and interior piece as part of the body.

Modern Mattel disappoints. I have not seen a new car in the reports since the GT40, almost a couple of months ago. And the 5-packs are down to 10 from 12.

94SS
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby 94SS » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:47 am

I was for the first time able to RESISTpicking up all the releases in the latest batch. I had said I was not going to buy everything anymore...and it was harder than I thought, but was able to do it. After seeing this, I am so glad I was able to resist the urge to continue being a completest.

I am saving quite a bit already and using it for Welly and Majorette....sorry Mattel.

PS..Anyone notice we only get 9 5-packs for the year as well LMFAO. I guess they saved more money by not designing 12 1-120 new decos (the other three are regular releases anyways correct?) and switching production for the 5 packs.

adbutler
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby adbutler » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:25 am

All I can say after seeing those new Matchbox is 'thank god for Majorette!!!!'
MAJORETTE..... this is how a 3inch diecast vehicle is made Mattel!

Matt79
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Matt79 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:37 pm

Thanks for the report. Cost cut cost cut cost cut. No thanks. Huge fail. Bye Matchbox. :roll: :cry:

Bill50
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Bill50 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:01 pm

What a load of pure crap,more stupid questions and answers.Sack the lot of them and stick to Hot Wheels no kids are interested in the shite apart from the middle age toddlers.
Happy Days we are getting out of the EU

matchboxmarcel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby matchboxmarcel » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:01 pm

Great to read that Larry mention this great Matchbox weekend in april.

3rd MECA big Matchbox Collectors Meeting in Aachen, Germany

April 17th 2015 –April 19th 2015

At the Mecure Hotel Europaplatz
Joseph von Goerres Strasse 21
52068 AACHEN - GERMANY
Tel. : (+49)241/16870 -Fax : (+49)241/1687444
E-Mail: H0482@accor.com

Cost for accommodation:
2 nights incl. Schnitzel-buffet on friday and Gala-buffet on saturday
singleroom €160.-
double room €287.-

Your part to cover the cost of the meeting
€55.- per person incl. special model from the Matchbox Dinky, Models of Yesteryear or 1-75 range.

Over 80 collectors from all over Europe already booked, so this will be a great event to talk with other collectors. There will be an interesting program with talks, an exhibtion, an auction and so on.

What do I have to do?
Only two small steps to be part of the event:

1.) Book the hotel using the code “MatchboxTreffen“ to get the special reduced hotelrate.

2.) Let us know that you are coming !
(at mccd@moyshop.de)

Other options for a visit for collectors (without stay at the hotel)
Dayticket for programm on the saturday april 18th from 10.00 - 15.00 hours: at 3 euro
Or a two day ticket for the saturdayprogramm and the sundayprogramm from 9.00 - 13.00 hours: at 5 euro

If you need a table for selling models on the swapmeet at the hotel please contact us at: mccd@moyshop.de
There is limted space for this so it is recommended to settle for this soonest.

Why we have choosen for the city of Aachen again?

The first MECA weekend was held in 2011 at the same hotel and was a great success with people attending from all over Europe and the UK.
The hotel fits perfectly in size and is located within walking distance from the old and nice centre of Aachen and is just perfect for all attendees. The city of Aachen is near the German/Dutch and German/Belgium boarder.
incl. the possibility to use the nearby airport.

Why was there a bigger break after the 2012 meeting near Dusseldorf?

After the second meeting the attendees agreed to have a show every olther year.
In 2014 the UK collectors planned their show so that we moved into 2015 and will plan the next event for 2017!

Dont hesitate to send any questions to: mccd@moyshop.de

THE RUNNING MAN
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby THE RUNNING MAN » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:34 am

Hi Larry,

Can you ask Mattel if they will reintroduce the CONNECTABLES line from the 1990s? Lotsa plastic to keep costs down....

Cheers,J

Return to “'Matchbox Ambassador' Central”