Ambassador's Report February 28th 2015

Find all the latest information, details and pictures from the Matchbox Ambassador.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ambassador's Report February 28th 2015

Postby admin » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:34 am

David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Ambassador's Report February 28th 2015

Postby David Tilley » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:41 am

Well, I have to admit, the new wheels for the Supreme Heroes series do look nicer than the other ones. But they still don't really suit the Ambulance. Just look at what the real ones had. A more simple disk style would have been better, and would have suited just about all the vehicles it was being put on. After all, these are service vehicles. I do wonder if the Ambulance will be re-tooled for the basic range to have the cab section integrated with the plastic rear section. Something I honestly think would be better anyway, as when you try to match shades plastic and metal don't really match up that well a lot of the time. I understand the idea behind a break between front and rear, but often they are doing both the same. Unless of course they cost-reduce by chucking the interior and frosting the windows. We have had a number of vehicles over the years with no interior and frosted windows. I think it may be a better option.

I had a feeling the City Bus would get its parts swapped too. Many of the larger bodied vehicles are. I am expecting the vans to also make the switch (Transit Connect etc). But in among all of these cost reductions they throw us a fantastic Lambo LM002. There is proof they can do it if they need to. Plus it appears they have utilized the interior to make the hood vents. Genius. This model is really good and I am definitely looking forward to getting it. Although I don't know why, but I thought it would have debuted in red. That does seem to be the most common version found in pictures. It may be an ugly vehicle in real life, but this model is really cute. I wish we had more like this. I also like the Express Delivery Truck. A different approach to the vehicle, but I like it.

I look forward to hearing about the exclusive models in the grab bags next time. Hopefully we will get an answer on the 2014 Crop Master in the next report too. I hope they don't just forget about that one. Some of us really want to know. Also, I want to know where this yellow BMW bike was? No major market has announced finding it. Did it turn up in South America? They tend to be less internet-chatty about things. It is a possibility. Although I had to laugh at the first question. How many Lambos are in the 2015 range? That made me chuckle.

:) :D :P

Thanks for another report.

mbx64
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mbx64 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:13 pm

Thanks Brad for posting and Larry for the Report.

The Ford E-350 Ambulance is very nice. I appreciate the use of the older MB771 casting, I figured it would be retooled to be completely plastic up-top. It is an advantage when it comes to color matching, but you know how we feel about plastic. Again with these wheels! These are a lot nicer, but again why are there 6-spoke rims on an ambulance? And why are they bright red plastic? They look misplaced on this truck. The wheels were the main selling point of the line and that is what is worse about it so far. Great liveries and castings, but we need some real wheels. Can't they just make a rubber wheel of the disk wheels? I think they do not want to use a lot of rubber so they make too large rims.

Finally, we see a licensed 2015 new model! They did a fantastic job on the LM002. It looks like it would fit in a 2009 range or so well, so I like it a lot. I also would have expected red, but the yellow is superb with the front tampoes and gloss gray cog wheels. And I agree that the black plastic vents are a smart touch. Yippee for Lamborghini!

The Express Delivery looks nice. I may pick that one up, and the City Bus is nice as well. This one does not look too badly affected with the completely plastic body. It is a generic anyways. The Team is probably stuck between adding a window on a metal body or turning the whole thing plastic. I do not know which is worse. Example: the Caddy Ambulance. I do not know if I would rather have some diecast and a silly sunroof or have it be full plastic.

We will see the 1M again in red, which is good. I look forward to the exclusive list of Power Grabs, but I bet they will be generics. I also want to see the full 1-120 list, and I am bracing for generics yet again.

mboxcollector
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mboxcollector » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:07 pm

mbx64 wrote:Thanks Brad for posting and Larry for the Report.

The Ford E-350 Ambulance is very nice. I appreciate the use of the older MB771 casting, I figured it would be retooled to be completely plastic up-top. It is an advantage when it comes to color matching, but you know how we feel about plastic. Again with these wheels! These are a lot nicer, but again why are there 6-spoke rims on an ambulance? And why are they bright red plastic? They look misplaced on this truck. The wheels were the main selling point of the line and that is what is worse about it so far. Great liveries and castings, but we need some real wheels. Can't they just make a rubber wheel of the disk wheels? I think they do not want to use a lot of rubber so they make too large rims.

Finally, we see a licensed 2015 new model! They did a fantastic job on the LM002. It looks like it would fit in a 2009 range or so well, so I like it a lot. I also would have expected red, but the yellow is superb with the front tampoes and gloss gray cog wheels. And I agree that the black plastic vents are a smart touch. Yippee for Lamborghini!

The Express Delivery looks nice. I may pick that one up, and the City Bus is nice as well. This one does not look too badly affected with the completely plastic body. It is a generic anyways. The Team is probably stuck between adding a window on a metal body or turning the whole thing plastic. I do not know which is worse. Example: the Caddy Ambulance. I do not know if I would rather have some diecast and a silly sunroof or have it be full plastic.

We will see the 1M again in red, which is good. I look forward to the exclusive list of Power Grabs, but I bet they will be generics. I also want to see the full 1-120 list, and I am bracing for generics yet again.

Not all the Power Grabs will be generic.....with that said the list will be in my next report. Well, that is the plan at the moment. I will further comment on the Cadillac Ambulance when I am cleared to talk about it. :noevil:

carmagreviews
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby carmagreviews » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:44 pm

Lambo is fantastic - I doubt we kiwis will see the special Emergency models - we did not get 60th anniversary series when i believe i was told on per capita based there were more matchboxes collectors here then anywhere!

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:19 pm

carmagreviews wrote: per capita based there were more matchboxes collectors here then anywhere!

sadly I dont think things like this matter to Mattel, just look at the last time they released some Models of Yesteryears, they choose to release them in the USA only, despite the fact that the biggest market for this range is Europe & Australasia and the smallest market is....you guessed it the USA. And then they discontinue the range saying, why bother it doesnt sell.... typical Mattel madness

adbutler
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby adbutler » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:49 pm

Love the new Lambo, will definitely try to get my hands on one of those.
MAJORETTE..... this is how a 3inch diecast vehicle is made Mattel!

66alfa_gtv
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby 66alfa_gtv » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:25 pm

The Lambo looks decent enough, but over the past few years the Matchbox line up has been so schizophrenic, I just cant be bothered. I like collections of things - collections that make some rational sense. Matchbox really doesn't work this way anymore, so I have parted ways with the brand.
Besides, cheap and poorly made junk does not earn a place in the display cabinet.
Speaking of which, the Supreme Hero Ambulance is yet another let down from this upcoming line. Those wheels...what the hell?

Return to “'Matchbox Ambassador' Central”