Ambassador's Report March 30th 2015

Find all the latest information, details and pictures from the Matchbox Ambassador.
THE RUNNING MAN
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Ambassador's Report March 30th 2015

Postby THE RUNNING MAN » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:21 am

adbutler wrote:Any idea when the Alfa 4C will be released Larry?

Its a 2014 model so maybe 2024!

In the meantime any news on the 2014 CRAPMASTER?

cheers,J

David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby David Tilley » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:08 am

I think it has be coming up in the next batch which is why Alfa Romeo have allowed them to show it. If only that next batch can find its way out into the world. It has been months.

:) :D :P

carmagreviews
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby carmagreviews » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:25 pm

Hi too love The Alfa - I Already have the Siku version in red at 1/55 scale - I gave up waiting for the Matchbox - Matchbox announces theirs first but Siku gets theirs out first? What scale in the matchbox and yes I will get it as for 2015 Cayman coming theirs not a lot in looks to a 2007 model - we should have got a production 918

As for the Chev Surburban you raving over 1999 model sureally if they have taken the bother to change the siren lights they could have given us the 2015 casting... 'crazy'

I like the comment "New policies are in place for both brands that restrict the release of new model pics too soon" - Thats all BS - How then does T-Hunted Gets the pics out of Hot Wheels often 3-4 months ahead of Mattel?

66alfa_gtv
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby 66alfa_gtv » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:37 am

The Alfa is decent enough for a buck.
I won't be looking for it, nor buying the thing - I'm finished with Matchbox as a brand. Too much disappointment has tarnished the Matchbox experience for me. Speaking of which, Supreme Heroes continues to make me scratch my head. Those low profile knobby tires, plastic bases and absent boxes is not what I would expect from an adult collectible with the name Matchbox on it.

mboxcollector
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mboxcollector » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:33 am

adbutler wrote:Any idea when the Alfa 4C will be released Larry?

I was told it was going to be in Batch C. But I'm not 100% sure......

mboxcollector
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mboxcollector » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:09 am

David Tilley wrote:Okay, before I get to the Alfa, I have a question about the Chevy Suburban. This is the first we have seen of this type of roof light on the model.
The original Suburban is MB436.
When it was also done with a police light (which was the "vee" light) it was MB477.
It was then later done with the squarer light as MB615.
But now, the original casting was redone as MB857, although we are not sure if the last issue is actually that updated casting as nobody can see any difference.

So what MAN# is being given to this latest incarnation of the Chevy Suburban?

So after that question, I have to say, this is the second of the Supreme Hero models that I actually quite like. The Ford Expedition was lovely, and the wheels did not look too bad. Again here, the wheels are not overpowering things. They don't look that bad here. They suit this model better than they do on fire trucks. It is not a fire truck wheel. The rest of the model is really good, and I love the rear detailing. A part of me may want to pick this model up just for the sake of it. I know, I was adamant that I was not going to bother with the series, but maybe if I just grab the odd ones that I like and be done with it? I am still debating. They are not a limited edition so there is no rush to make a decision. I will decide when I see them in person in USA in 3 and a half months.

And now on to the normal issues. I like the Ford Interceptor. It is different in that lovely shade of blue. Again, we get the separate light bar still. I thought this would have been downgraded by now. I don't like the Sahara Sweeper though. It is a brighter version than the dull army green of the debut, but I don't know? Blue, tan and grey together? What an odd combination! It just doesn't seem to gel to me. Maybe when I see it in person I may think more of it, but for now I don't like it.

So now the Alfa. Hubba hubba! This is EXACTLY the reason I have not given up on the brand. I love it! I want it! I need it! I must have it! And if you think I am drooling now, just wait until they show sneaks of the new Porsche later this year.... There is crap (see previous picture for proof), but there always has been models I don't like and don't care about. I still buy them all as I want to try and get as complete a collection as possible. But while we still get corkers like this I still have no intention of stopping with the new stuff.

I do like seeing the pics of prepros. I am a bit of a prepro nut myself. I do like the Mazda RX7 prepro.
I have the one you were talking about (black with red interior).
I also do have a silver one with that black interior. I have always liked this model. I still remember picking up my first one in 1983. It was the first time I saw the blue window boxes. It was Easter 1983, and I had gone away with my parents to the seaside as we always did every Easter. There was a store there in this small seaside resort called Mablethorpe where we always went, and inside was the first time I saw blue window boxes. Until then I had only seen long blisters or picture boxes. I almost did not see them as they were not what I was looking for. I still remember vividly seeing this model and the Datsun 280ZX for the first time there. As I had not got the latest catalog yet I was not expecting them. I talked my parents into getting both models for me. I loved these 2 Japanese sporty vehicles. Ah memories.

Now the carry cases. I too am a sucker for 48 car carry cases. I may have more that you are not showing, but one immediately sprung to mind (partly because there was one sitting next to me).
It was the second to last one they made, just before the Across America case. I don't think we have had one since these 2 in the early 2000s. Obviously this is another Tara special just like Across America. It was more common as a 24 car case, but there was a 48 car version too (as can be seen with the fact it states it on the front). Did you just miss that one, or did you not have one?

With only a little over 3 months now until the Gathering I am really getting excited. Okay that may have more with the fact that I am taking my niece to USA for the first time and am so excited for her too, but the closer we get the more I am eagerly awaiting to get on that plane. It will be nice to see Michael Heralda again and hopefully get to meet some new people from the team too. I hope they stay around as long as Dave Weise did. I will miss his presence.

The MAN # for the Wilton County Chevy Suburban is MB857

David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby David Tilley » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:02 am

mboxcollector wrote:The MAN # for the Wilton County Chevy Suburban is MB857
Really? Does this mean that MB857 wasn't an updated casting, but simply just a new version with a different light bar? This would make a lot more sense as nobody can see any differences between the body parts.

Bill50
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Bill50 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:02 am

66alfa_gtv wrote:The Alfa is decent enough for a buck.
I won't be looking for it, nor buying the thing - I'm finished with Matchbox as a brand. Too much disappointment has tarnished the Matchbox experience for me. Speaking of which, Supreme Heroes continues to make me scratch my head. Those low profile knobby tires, plastic bases and absent boxes is not what I would expect from an adult collectible with the name Matchbox on it.

Top man Mr Alfa.have no idea why it is MB,really the realistic is HW territory.MB are for adult toddlers who enjoy bright colours and nothing taxing for the brain,they run them across the table going brum brum. :lol:
Happy Days we are getting out of the EU

mboxcollector
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mboxcollector » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:59 pm

David Tilley wrote:
mboxcollector wrote:The MAN # for the Wilton County Chevy Suburban is MB857
Really? Does this mean that MB857 wasn't an updated casting, but simply just a new version with a different light bar? This would make a lot more sense as nobody can see any differences between the body parts.

I'm thinking you are correct with your assumption!!! But you must wait till you have it in hand to see if there are any other differences. That means you might have to buy one to satisfy your curiosity!!!! :lol:

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:48 pm

Bill50 wrote:....they run them across the table going brum brum. :lol:

What is wrong with that, its very therapeutic :P

Return to “'Matchbox Ambassador' Central”