Ambassador's Report April 13th 2015

Find all the latest information, details and pictures from the Matchbox Ambassador.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ambassador's Report April 13th 2015

Postby admin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:37 pm

adbutler
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Ambassador's Report April 13th 2015

Postby adbutler » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Wow, I really like the Tesla Model S. It'd have to be one of the nicest castings Matchbox has done for a few years, maybe even better than the upcoming Alfa 4C.
I'm also really looking forward to betting my hands on the Lamborghini LM002, it looks to be another really well done casting. The Ford Crown Victoria is really well done as well although it's a bit disappointing that this so called premium model didn't get a rear tampo hit.
MAJORETTE..... this is how a 3inch diecast vehicle is made Mattel!

mbx64
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mbx64 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:53 am

Thanks Larry for the Report and Brad for posting it.

The Tesla Model S is stellar, no doubt about it. I'll once again bring up the fact (because I am still staggered) that I hoped this would be a new model for 2015 Matchbox, and here we are today. I thought that the Tesla would be a superb Matchbox because it would mimic some traits of the New Golden Era models, and it seems like I was correct. A great casting, clean execution, full front and rear tampo detailing, etc. The car just fits in with what many of us consider a Matchbox car; an important, revolutionary car, attractive but rather reserved styling (unlike Hot Wheels), and then detailed graciously.

This Tesla is why I will choose Matchbox over Hot Wheels any day. Although Hot Wheels has many Matchbox-esque models, nobody can out-Matchbox Matchbox themselves. I cannot wait to sit this casting next to the rest of the sports car clan, particularly ones like the McLaren, Karma, and Panamera. This damn thing is better than the 4C! Miles better!!

The Crown Vic is once of the nicer Supreme Hero models, but the wheels do not even fit a car now that I see them on one. Matchbox, you outdid yourselves on the Model S, but the SH line is a bit disappointing. Very few emergency vehicles have spoked-rims like those, even only a handful of police car models have that style available (Charger). It is nice to see the Vic with the correct Black & White full treatment, but the rear is begging for a strike.

I am happy to see the rear of the LM002, the detailing here looks nice.

Counting down the days until the Tesla is released!

adbutler
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby adbutler » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:03 am

mbx64 wrote:Counting down the days until the Tesla is released!

Probably around this time next year at the rate Matchbox batches are being released at the moment Nic!!!!! :bash2: :censor: :lol:
MAJORETTE..... this is how a 3inch diecast vehicle is made Mattel!

The General
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby The General » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:53 am

I intend to sell my home tomorrow and buy the entire world's supply of those Supreme Hero Crown Victorias.

That is all.
SYDNEY ROOSTERS 1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2017

David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby David Tilley » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:46 pm

Well what can I say. Here are 3 sneak peeks, and all 3 are lovely models. I do actually like the look of the Crown Vic. But I do notice that as a premium model, they are using the ink jet printing for the graphics (I am guessing needing more than 4 colours for the logo/design) which means that the final look will be a little rough. I bet there will be some that will complain about it when they arrive, although I have never been bothered by the rougher look of the ink jet print. But I am still sad that as a premium model it is still only sporting 3 hits. No front or rear. They really teased us with the first model (Ford Explorer Interceptor) with full tampo hits etc. But since then, I have not seen a model as good. The Chevy Suburban is still #2 on my list, and this moves into the #3 spot. Not that I am really concerned as I don't buy these anyway.

But I liked the look of the Lambo LM002 before anyway. The rear end just proves that point. This is a model to be proud of. My only complaint about the Tesla is how dark the window is. I wonder if it is supposed to be dark smoke and the factory did the test model black by accident, or if this is how it is supposed to look. But both of these miniatures are going to make great additions to my collection and I really look forward to finding them.

I like the prepros as usual. Especially the Sierra. I would love to be able to find that one.

I read with interest the article from Chuck. I used to own the Container Port set as a child. I did have a lot of fun with it. It is a shame they can't do things like that any more. Things did seem to work well together back in the day.

:) :D :P

Return to “'Matchbox Ambassador' Central”