Ambassador's Report June 16th 2015

Find all the latest information, details and pictures from the Matchbox Ambassador.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ambassador's Report June 16th 2015

Postby admin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:07 am

The latest report is now available

Check out the latest report : http://www.matchboxforum.co.uk/Amby-Reports/AmbReport22.pdf

David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Ambassador's Report June 16th 2015

Postby David Tilley » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:54 am

Thanks for posting the report. I have to admit I like all 3 of the new basics shown. The Ford Raptor is the best of the bunch for me. I like how the Jeep is getting the basic plain look to begin with, although why there is a lack of rear detailing is beyond me. This should have been the one example where they show off the rear. The Dodge A100 in red is much better than last year's purple issue which seems to be in very short supply itself. Hopefully this is not a recurring theme with this casting.

I have to admit to being really envious of the 3 Dodge Stealth prepros. This is a model I am actively trying to get hold of prepros for, and I have yet to get one. I miss out every time I go for it. I will eventually get one, but seeing more than just plain silver or silver with bullet holes I am even more eager to get a hold of one.

I must admit I may be a Matchbox collector, but I don't do everything Matchbox. I am impressed you have such an extensive Carousel collection. Things like this are not for me, but I do smile when I see them. I must admit reading up on it I could tell you are very proud of them, and I applaud that.

BTW I have to laugh. I looked at the models we would like to see made and that yellow Volvo.... There is one in the car park at work as we speak, in the same yellow. The guy who owns it loves it and has had it for years. I am sure he would go for a model of his vehicle.

:) :D :P

adbutler
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby adbutler » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:02 pm

Thanks for posting Brad and Larry for writing.
That Jeep!!!!!! It really is hideous. While it's nice to have another licenced vehicle in the range I can see it being a real peg warmer everywhere BUT the USA as it's not a well know model except in the USA. Also not liking the horrible cheap grey/silver plastic they've used for the base.
I like the Dodge A-100 though. While it's still a very 'American' vehicle it's well done and the licenced tampo looks great. Hopefully this one shows up here unlike the purple one
MAJORETTE..... this is how a 3inch diecast vehicle is made Mattel!

carmagreviews
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby carmagreviews » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:57 am

Great to see the 3 utes all 3 will find their way to my collection the Willy Jeep specially - I disagree with you Ad regarding the Willys you say "That Jeep!!!!!! It really is hideous. While it's nice to have another licenced vehicle in the range I can see it being a real peg warmer everywhere BUT the USA as it's not a well know model except in the USA. Also not liking the horrible cheap grey/silver plastic they've used for the base.." - There are a a few of the real vehicles in this country as recent imports and I believe it will NOT be a peg warmer and will sell like Hot Cakes as the aqua and white Dodge A100 sold readily here (never seen one of those here) Red is a good choice as this was colour the real Jeep Willys Jeep was first shown to the press after WW2 in likes of Popular Mechanics - I like Dodge A100 with Firestone livery too

Any news of Range Rover Evogue ; Caddillac Limo and Modern Jeep Grand Cheokee Tomahawk?

carmagreviews
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby carmagreviews » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:31 pm

I just also realised to back claim it will not be a peg warmer -Jeep Willys utes like this were sold in the UK; South Africa ; Australia; South America and as far as Israel - in fact Argentina ; Israel and Australia had assembly plants!

adbutler
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby adbutler » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:00 pm

carmagreviews wrote:I just also realised to back claim it will not be a peg warmer -Jeep Willys utes like this were sold in the UK; South Africa ; Australia; South America and as far as Israel - in fact Argentina ; Israel and Australia had assembly plants!

Haha we'll see :mrgreen: From what I've seen around here generics and vintage Matchbox seem to be peg warmers while modern licenced vehicles seem to fly off the pegs. I hope I'm proved wrong as I want Matchbox to be successful.
MAJORETTE..... this is how a 3inch diecast vehicle is made Mattel!

66alfa_gtv
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby 66alfa_gtv » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:43 am

It's a real shame the Jeep is so terribly cheap looking.
The milky grey plastic base.
The treatment in the bed behind the cab.
The ride height is janky as well.
Where is the brand consistency? The Tesla looks really nice. The Alfa looks pretty good. Then there is the Jeep, which looks like crummy circa 1980s Chinese diecast.

Return to “'Matchbox Ambassador' Central”