Ambassador's Report July 22nd 2015

Find all the latest information, details and pictures from the Matchbox Ambassador.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ambassador's Report July 22nd 2015

Postby admin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:16 pm

This is the last report from the outgoing Amby with news from the Gathering....

Check out the latest report : http://www.matchboxforum.co.uk/Amby-Reports/AmbReport25.pdf

Toyotageek
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Ambassador's Report July 22nd 2015

Postby Toyotageek » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:10 pm

Links for the last two reports (24 and 25) don't work. Last one I can access is report 23.
Michael "Toyotageek"
Tomica Fan Club

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:10 pm

Sorry about that, try again now. I posted the links but neglected to actually upload the files.

I have given myself a good talking too and a written reprimand about this and have put myself on notice.

Toyotageek
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Toyotageek » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:18 pm

That's better! :lol:
Michael "Toyotageek"
Tomica Fan Club

Matt79
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Matt79 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:32 pm

Thanks for the link. :D

2016 seems to be a little better. Maybe they are calming down.

The Nissan is my favourite and I love the Volvo wagon, Chrysler and VW Pickup. I would like to say the Ford Transit but I know it's going to be ruined like the Renault Ambulance and have a plastic body.

I actually don't mind the look of the Airport coach either. It's rare coming from me 'cause I never like Mattel generics. That's likely to be all plastic though. I have a feeling.

The train I absolutely loathe.

I hear there is going to be a best of the world premium series released in December as well. Don't know if that's worldwide though.

Toyotageek
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Toyotageek » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:40 pm

I am hopeful.

My range of Matchbox (or any minicar brand) has always been limited to Japanese cars for the most part.

The inclusion of the Mazda and Nissan give me something to look forward to, without overwhelming me.

As far as everything else... I like the real vehicles portrayed, but am less enthusiastic with the others.
Michael "Toyotageek"
Tomica Fan Club

mbx64
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mbx64 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:00 pm

Thanks for the report Larry and Brad for posting.

The remaining 2015 new models all look good. The Jeep Cherokee looks particularly well done, as does the Jaguar F-Type, except for the mirrors. What is going on there? Otherwise a solid sports car! I like the Cadillac One and the Ford Contractor truck with the diecast rear section, too; a step up from the F-550 Mini Pumper.

The 2016 pre-pros are where I am really pleased. All of these models are proportioned very well, especially the Chrysler 300 which is one of my most anticipated models for next year. The Corvette Police, Miata Convertible, Evoque, VW Crew and Freightliner all look like great, original additions to the Matchbox line. The Transit News Van is high on my list as well, and fingers crossed that it will surprisingly have a metal body, as on the resin sample the base is plastic and David suggested that the base will make up the interior, making it plastic. We can hope...

It is nice to see that the Miata and Transit can be crossed off of the list, and I hope the Ford GT and MGB GT make it. The MGB GT would also make a nice tribute to Top Gear's final episode.

I look forward to Dirk Schleuer's future reports and thanks Larry for being so approachable and forthright!

rastus115
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby rastus115 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:27 am

Thanks for posting Brad and special thanks to Larry for being such a great Ambassador. I have only had access to/known about Matchbox Ambassador Reports since they started appearing on the MCF. In that time each successive Ambassador had added their own personal touch to the reports and they seem to get better each time. It is great to get the current info from Mattel as well as recall the products from the past. So thanks again for a great job, well done.

jagr68uk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby jagr68uk » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:16 pm

Larry, that pre-pro TV News Truck with brown fittings interests me, as I found mine as part of a Graffic Trafffic set at retail in the UK when that series was available. I always figured it was a reasonably rare variation over the standard orange fittings version.

Bill50
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Bill50 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:49 am

Keefyd has written a great blog on the end of term report of the outgoing Ambo,makes a good read and is available on the busier MCF Facebook page. :D
Happy Days we are getting out of the EU

Return to “'Matchbox Ambassador' Central”