Ambassador's Report 02 September 2015

Find all the latest information, details and pictures from the Matchbox Ambassador.
THE RUNNING MAN
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Ambassador's Report 02 September 2015

Postby THE RUNNING MAN » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:31 am

...still no confirmation of the complete 2015 1/120 line or explanation re numbering confusion?????????????

cheers,J

mbx64
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mbx64 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:53 pm

A full 1-120 listing would be nice. Does Dirk have an account here?

BrabusAMG

Postby BrabusAMG » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:59 am

mbx64 wrote:Gerry Cody seems to care more about the brand integrity than who we've had in the past. Of course they were financially restrained, but Cody is determined to put the brand on the right path.

You're right. What I meant by my statement was, I think someone new to the company should look up a database of all castings with MAN numbers (there's no shortage of websites for that) and read a bit about the history. You don't have to know everything about Matchbox, but it would be a good idea to know all of the castings that could be used.

@admin: It all depends on what you consider to be 'relatively new'. I have had Matchbox cars for my entire life. As far as I'm aware, only one is no longer in my collection. I started collecting properly in 2006, when I saw that year's blue Ford GT. The reason I hadn't started collecting earlier was Hero City. 2 years later, I Googled Matchbox cars and got to know every Matchbox casting with a MAN number. After that, my collecting grew considerably and I now have 371 cars (not including other brands). Due to Mattel's changes starting in 2012, my collecting is no longer what it used to be. You could say they alienated me.

Thank you for the commendation!

You guessed right; I am a young man. I have been a collector for nearly half of my life. Also, in 2010, I sent a few ideas to the Design Team through John Nijhuis (well, when I say a few...). At least one of them (a new model idea) actually made it into production: the Lamborghini Miura (yes, I can prove it). Unfortunately, due to Mattel's distribution, I only found two variations.
Mattel, please sell Matchbox to the Simba Dickie Group!

cdg
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby cdg » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:49 am

Interesting to see the routemaster. I thought the MB887 'two storey bus' had replaced the routemaster.
:happy:
Living life in 1:64!
My diecast blog http://capitaldiecastgarage.blogspot.com
Canberra Diecast Tragics facebook www.facebook.com/pages/Canberra-Diecast ... 1431115146

Return to “'Matchbox Ambassador' Central”