Ambassador's Report 26 September 2015

Find all the latest information, details and pictures from the Matchbox Ambassador.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ambassador's Report 26 September 2015

Postby admin » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:59 pm

This is the last report from the Ambassador....

Check out the latest report : http://www.moyshop.de/images/pdf/mbamb11_report02_20150926.pdf

adbutler
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Ambassador's Report 26 September 2015

Postby adbutler » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:43 am

I love the Porsche 911. The colour is stunning and the new metal spoiler looks great, so much better than the new metal spoiler on the Hot Wheels 911.
MAJORETTE..... this is how a 3inch diecast vehicle is made Mattel!

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:45 pm

adbutler wrote:I love the Porsche 911. The colour is stunning and the new metal spoiler looks great, so much better than the new metal spoiler on the Hot Wheels 911.

Are you sure its metal? the images seem to be taken from a distance and considering my current trust of Mattel, I cant help but think that they did that for a reason, what are they hiding providing pictures like these?

adbutler
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby adbutler » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:14 pm

admin wrote:
adbutler wrote:I love the Porsche 911. The colour is stunning and the new metal spoiler looks great, so much better than the new metal spoiler on the Hot Wheels 911.

Are you sure its metal? the images seem to be taken from a distance and considering my current trust of Mattel, I cant help but think that they did that for a reason, what are they hiding providing pictures like these?

I'm pretty sure it's metal Brad. I recall reading somewhere that Mattel were doing away with the plastic spoilers on the MBX & HW's 911's to make production easier.
MAJORETTE..... this is how a 3inch diecast vehicle is made Mattel!

BrabusAMG

Postby BrabusAMG » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:19 pm

It's actually the 996 Turbo from 2001. I think you are confusing it with the 997 GT3 from 2007. I have both models and the duck-tail spoiler on the 996 is part of the body, just like the real car. I think the livery looks great too, especially with the light detail.

I do like the recolour of the M5. The Jaguar F-type looks stunning. When you've seen a real one (which I have), you appreciate the model even more.

It's also good to see My GTHO Falcon in the top 40. They look better in the flesh. They're also worth far more than any American classic, as are most Australian muscle cars.

I think Matchbox should be making more non-American vehicles, preferably more than half of all licensed models.

If the Design Team deleted all generics from the range and concentrated on a smaller line-up of only licensed cars like these, I think Matchbox cars would fly off the shelves.
Mattel, please sell Matchbox to the Simba Dickie Group!

David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby David Tilley » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:30 am

Yes this is the previous Porsche Turbo, not the 911 GT3. Of course the 911 GT3 is due to have the spoiler re-cast as part of the body, but we have not seen it yet.

But I am loving this newbie. I can't wait to get it. Of course, would anybody have guessed differently? I mean, it is a Porsche!

As to the others, I forgot what they were. There was a Porsche in the way.

:) :D :P

Return to “'Matchbox Ambassador' Central”