Ambassador's Report April 2016

Find all the latest information, details and pictures from the Matchbox Ambassador.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ambassador's Report April 2016

Postby admin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:47 pm

Another month, another report and again I wouldnt waste your time or your bandwidth reading this rubbish.

Why anyone even bothers any more is beyond me, but here is a summary:

Section 1 : An April fools joke that doesnt even warrant a smirk
Section 2 : An explanation of the above which goes to prove my point
Section 3 : A Q&A with the numpties from Mattel who answer the majority of questions with statements like "no" , "we dont know" etc etc - just the usual non response that we have come to expect from Mattel. My favourite is "Cant speak to distribution in Europe", really then who can, its your product, your company and you cant speak to the distribution of your own product in a major world market, what a load of rubbish that is but the usual suspects will fall for this nonsense
Section 4 : The usual dream of what you would like to have made if you were the Amby? Mattel are not listening and dont care anyway so give up

All up its a worthless contribution of nothing once again but if you want to read for your self here is the link

Check out the latest report : http://mccd.moyshop.de/images/pdf/mbamb11_report10_20160401.pdf

keefyd
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Ambassador's Report April 2016

Postby keefyd » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:43 pm

Never read so much crap in my life -

Dirk is trying to be humorous, but is being all German about it...........
http://www.matchbox1-75.co.uk - UK Matchbox Superfast 1-75 Miniatures from 1969 to date.

https://keefydblog.wordpress.com - blogging about diecast, sport and stuff.

matchboxtom
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby matchboxtom » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:25 pm

Wow that's strong. Dirk is giving them collector's questions. It is not his fault how Mattel answers. And I do like what is coming out more than I did a year ago. Going in the right direction. And I really doubt the guy who is in charge of designing them is also in charge or worldwide distribution. So I think that is a fair response. There is someone in Mattel that IS in charge of that but is probably 3 business units away from the designers.

The General
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby The General » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:26 am

Interesting to read from Mattel that the Best of Series is only available in Canada & the US. Big W sells them here in Oz. Whoops! Not sure how much of their answers are fact based as opposed to guess work. 8-)
SYDNEY ROOSTERS 1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2017

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:21 am

matchboxtom wrote:Wow that's strong. Dirk is giving them collector's questions. It is not his fault how Mattel answers. And I do like what is coming out more than I did a year ago. Going in the right direction. And I really doubt the guy who is in charge of designing them is also in charge or worldwide distribution. So I think that is a fair response. There is someone in Mattel that IS in charge of that but is probably 3 business units away from the designers.

Dont get me wrong I am not blaming Dirk for the responses, you are 100% correct it is not his fault. What I am saying is that the answers provided by Mattel are rubbish. You are also correct that the designer is not in charge of distribution and the guy who is may be some distance (departmentally) away from them, but if they (Mattel) are going to publicly answer these questions then they should put the effort in to obtaining the correct answers from the correct people, but like everything Mattel do lately it is a half-arsed attempt and not worthy of anyones time.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:23 am

The General wrote:Interesting to read from Mattel that the Best of Series is only available in Canada & the US. Big W sells them here in Oz. Whoops! Not sure how much of their answers are fact based as opposed to guess work. 8-)

And this is what upsets so many people, the answers are clearly given by someone who has no idea and is not prepared to find the correct information so it looks like guess work. Of course there will be the excuse that what is sold in Australia is up to Mattel Australia and the USA division have no say in that, but that then only serves to show that the answers given are all USA based and the rest of the world can go jump off a bridge because Mattel USA couldnt give a stuff, for we all know there is nothing beyond the borders of the good old U S of A

rastus115
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby rastus115 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:23 am

Question: "What are the unique challenges to the distribution of mainline Matchbox releases that may not be the same as those experienced by Hot Wheels?"

Answer: "Smaller brand vs HW"

Mattel has owned both brands since 1997 (19 years ago) and at the time they purchased Matchbox I understand that they were the two largest brands in the world with "Matchbox" being the generic name for this size car. I believe the only reason Matchbox is a "smaller brand" now is because Mattel has deliberately made it so.

Matt79
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Matt79 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:16 pm

rastus115 wrote:Question: "What are the unique challenges to the distribution of mainline Matchbox releases that may not be the same as those experienced by Hot Wheels?"

Answer: "Smaller brand vs HW"

Mattel has owned both brands since 1997 (19 years ago) and at the time they purchased Matchbox I understand that they were the two largest brands in the world with "Matchbox" being the generic name for this size car. I believe the only reason Matchbox is a "smaller brand" now is because Mattel has deliberately made it so.

Exactly. Buy the competition and stomp it to death.

Such shitty, can't really be arsed, answers from Mattel. As per.

94SS
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby 94SS » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:46 am

Bullshit answers indeed...clueless actually and that is the scariest part.

Return to ā€œ'Matchbox Ambassador' Centralā€