How Can I participate?

A forum to watch and learn all about the journey of the Matchbox Land Rover as it travels the world.
Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

How Can I participate?

Postby Jimgallegos » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:05 am

Many thanks to Bill Jones for coordinating the Landy Travels going forward. Bill has offered to get this project going once again as I have not been as efficient as I should have. If you want to participate:

1) Email your name and full mailing address to Bill at landytravels@gmail.com
2) Agree to a 2 week turnaround in which you will mail the Landy and the Passport. at your expense to the next address which Bill will provide.
3) Agree to post pictures on the Facebook page Mattel Landy Travels as soon as your visit is over. Obtain a post mark if possible and sign the Passport.
4) Have fun. Anyone can participate.
5) By accepting these terms, you agree that the Landy is Mattel property and the Journey is a project directed totally by Jim Gallegos Albuquerque, New Mexico USA.
6) Agree to return the Landy and Passport to Jim Gallegos upon request with no objections.

Email me with any questions. EVERYONE IS INVITED TO PARTICIPATE< NO EXCEPTIONS>

landy.travels@gmail.com
Jim Gallegos. Thanks to all who were a part of the 2015 Matchbox Collectors Gathering. Start planing for 2016. Dates are 15-17 July 2016. Registration Starts 31. Dec. at midnight MST Email me for details. matchb0x1@aol.com

matchboxmarcel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: How Can I participate?

Postby matchboxmarcel » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:30 am

Jim,
I would also like to see the pictures on the forum's own pages.
I am not on fb and so are many others.

marcel

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:21 am

matchboxmarcel wrote:Jim,

marcel

Fear not Marcel,

The Facebook page will contain all the pictures and is just another way to bring the collecting community on board, we are also quite aware that lots of people are not on Facebook which is why the journey will continue to be documented here on the forum as well, and other forums should they so choose to do so, as well as that the entire Journey will be uploaded in the coming weeks to the Gatherings very own website

http://www.mcgathering.com/landy-s-journey

On the website I have also started to create a statistics page so we can all see just how far the Landy has travelled since it began its journey.

Bill50
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Bill50 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:53 am

If you would like to participate in the Landy Journey please contact me at landy.travels@gmail.com and i will add your name to the list.As Jim has said the offer is open to all diecast enthusiasts.

If you can turn the model around quicker than the 2 week maximum stay it gives more enthusiasts the chance to participate in this great adventure.
Happy Days we are getting out of the EU

Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Jimgallegos » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:01 pm

matchboxmarcel wrote:Jim,

marcel

Ask all of the forums you participate on to participate in sharing this fun event with the collectors who love die cast. If they refuse, ask them why? No one is or has ever been asked to not participate so there are no excuses if someone refuses. Let's get this project as a way to show off who we are and a little bit about where we live. It is fun, sharing and what this hobby is all about. The people and friends.
Jim Gallegos. Thanks to all who were a part of the 2015 Matchbox Collectors Gathering. Start planing for 2016. Dates are 15-17 July 2016. Registration Starts 31. Dec. at midnight MST Email me for details. matchb0x1@aol.com

keefyd
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby keefyd » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:48 pm

If it comes over to myself, it will be able to visit 3 countries all within 30 mins of each other.......

It is an amazing world we live in.
http://www.matchbox1-75.co.uk - UK Matchbox Superfast 1-75 Miniatures from 1969 to date.

https://keefydblog.wordpress.com - blogging about diecast, sport and stuff.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:03 am

With thanks to Keefyd you can now follow the Landy's tavels on Twitter as well https://twitter.com/TheMCGathering

Hoseman

Postby Hoseman » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:27 pm

Jimgallegos wrote:Many thanks to Bill Jones for coordinating the Landy Travels going forward. Bill has offered to get this project going once again as I have not been as efficient as I should have. If you want to participate:

1) Email your name and full mailing address to Bill at landytravels@gmail.com
2) Agree to a 2 week turnaround in which you will mail the Landy and the Passport. at your expense to the next address which Bill will provide.
3) Agree to post pictures on the Facebook page Mattel Landy Travels as soon as your visit is over. Obtain a post mark if possible and sign the Passport.
4) Have fun. Anyone can participate.
5) By accepting these terms, you agree that the Landy is Mattel property and the Journey is a project directed totally by Jim Gallegos Albuquerque, New Mexico USA.
6) Agree to return the Landy and Passport to Jim Gallegos upon request with no objections.

Email me with any questions. EVERYONE IS INVITED TO PARTICIPATE< NO EXCEPTIONS>

landy.travels@gmail.com

Hi Jim and Bill,
I'm ready to send the Landy along to the next destination. The email address above is listed as both Landy.travels and as landytravels
I'm not sure which is correct so I sent an email to both. Just let me know where to send it next.
Thanks, Sammy

Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Jimgallegos » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:16 pm

Thanks Sammy,

the addy is land.travels@gmail.com

Much appreciated,

Jim G.

Bill50
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Bill50 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:33 pm

Jimgallegos wrote:Thanks Sammy,

the addy is land.travels@gmail.com

Much appreciated,

Jim G.

Jim,
It is landy.travels@gmail.com
Happy Days we are getting out of the EU