The Landy's Journey Continues

A forum to watch and learn all about the journey of the Matchbox Land Rover as it travels the world.
Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

The Landy's Journey Continues

Postby Jimgallegos » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:58 am

This forum will be used to track the Landy's Journey. I will update this forum as time permits with the entire journey pictures. There was a small obsticle which has been eliminated and now the Journey Continues. I have dozens of stops for the Landy and will get to everyone as soon as possible but it takes time. We are probably a year away from new requests so please be patient. The Landy left the Gathering after a wonderful stay in Mexico visiting friends. It went with former Ambassador Shabbir for a visit to the East coast before crossig the pond ponce again to visit the home of it's forefathers. It is on it's way to stay with Paul Carr. From there it will go to spend time with Hardy Ristau and be amazed once again with his vast collection. If you want to participate, please email me ( your Name, email address, Shipping address). Again be patient as this model is in high demand.

Once the Journey is complete, we will determine where the model and passport will be deposited. Does it go home to El Segundo or be auctioned off. I am the coordinator of this project but the model and the passport belong to Mattel who will have the final say.

Any information, pictures or stories may not be copied or used on any other forum without written consent from Jim Gallegos matchb0x1@aol.com.

Thanks and stay tuned. The more strange the visit, the better.
Jim Gallegos. Thanks to all who were a part of the 2015 Matchbox Collectors Gathering. Start planing for 2016. Dates are 15-17 July 2016. Registration Starts 31. Dec. at midnight MST Email me for details. matchb0x1@aol.com

Bill50
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: The Landy's Journey Continues

Postby Bill50 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:11 am

First of all thank you for using this forum as the future tool to inform collectors of the journey of the Landy,that will mean a lot to Brad I am sure. :bravo:

An idea though

Jim,

Can I suggest an idea to you.Mattel should keep the Landy and use it as an educational tool.It could quite easily be sent on another tour around schools for age group say five to 10 year olds promoting harmony between the many countries the Landy made on its original journeys.The Landy accompanied by a decent slide show and an educational work pack would be a simple and cheap option for Mattel and a bloody good marketing tool.

When the Landy gets to me here in Wales it will visit my castle for a pic and the history behind this place is immense,history and geography lesson all in one little picture.

The kids would love this type of lesson where they all get a pack each to work with and Mattel get there name imprinted into each child for ever as a nice memory and I am sure the teachers would enjoy using it as well.That Landy could quite easily be put in the Guinness Book of Records as the most traveled toy in history.
Happy Days we are getting out of the EU

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:01 am

I am certainly honoured that the Landy will be reported via our forum, and I think that is a tribute to all the members here and their continued support and contributions.

As for the future once the Landy has finished its world tour I was thinking of a charity auction but now I think Bill has the right idea. What a great idea, great way to educate children and yes a great marketing tool for Mattel as well. Well done Bill, Great idea :10:

Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Jimgallegos » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:17 pm

I appreciate the support. Collectors from all forums are welcome to join in on the fun and I hope they do. You may have read other negative comments and please consider the source. He does not nor ever owned the project. That being said, let's get on track. NO ONE is restricted from participating regardless of their past as this is a fun activity and yes, the original intent discussed between Michael Heralda and myself was to set a world record for distance traveled for a toy vehicle. I like your idea Bill as that would keep it a public activity. I will discuss with Mattel.
Jim Gallegos. Thanks to all who were a part of the 2015 Matchbox Collectors Gathering. Start planing for 2016. Dates are 15-17 July 2016. Registration Starts 31. Dec. at midnight MST Email me for details. matchb0x1@aol.com

SIRO CONVOY
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby SIRO CONVOY » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:21 am

Well the old Landy is going to be well travelled thats for sure.

TRUCK COLLECTOR

Bubbajoe
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Bubbajoe » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:25 pm

can't wait for my turn to host the little landy...BTW..what is the world record? or would this be the first?

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:24 pm

You may have noticed the forum for the Landy has been missing for a few days, this was required whilst we updated the information for the Landy's journey. The forum is now back and operational because...

The Landy is back and the journey continues...

The full journey of our beloved Landy is now available here on the MCF and its future travels will be documented here as well.

Of course the journey is open to all members of the collecting community, and is not restricted to any one group or forum so if you would like to participate in this Mattel sponsored event then please send your details to Jim Gallegos (matchb0x1@aol.com) to register your interest.

Bill50
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Bill50 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:59 pm

Bubbajoe wrote:can't wait for my turn to host the little landy...BTW..what is the world record? or would this be the first?

I think the world record would never be beaten.Remember the little red mini for Ryan Marie who died so tragically at a very young age.Her mini was taken aboard the space station if I remember correctly and with many orbits of the earth enough said.

This is my example

The Landy could quite easily break the record for conventional transport.
Happy Days we are getting out of the EU

Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Jimgallegos » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:30 pm

The Landy or any other vehucle can compare with the Ryan Mini. The Mini is in a class by itself.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:51 am

So where did the Landy go after the Gathering ? Is he likely to turn up soon ?

Return to “The Landy's Journey”