The Landy's Journey Continues

A forum to watch and learn all about the journey of the Matchbox Land Rover as it travels the world.
Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: The Landy's Journey Continues

Postby Jimgallegos » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Landy visited Shabbir in New York, then to the UK with Paul Carr. I will ask Shabbir to. Ring us up to date.
Keep watching.
Jim Gallegos. Thanks to all who were a part of the 2015 Matchbox Collectors Gathering. Start planing for 2016. Dates are 15-17 July 2016. Registration Starts 31. Dec. at midnight MST Email me for details. matchb0x1@aol.com

mixwins
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mixwins » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:17 am

I hope this ends better than Vinnie's adventure.

Disappeared into a recipients collection and no amount of coaxing could gain his release. If that person is reading you are one @&$(@!^&#^%.

Bill50
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Bill50 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:09 pm

mixwins wrote:I hope this ends better than Vinnie's adventure.

Disappeared into a recipients collection and no amount of coaxing could gain his release. If that person is reading you are one @&$(@!^&#^%.

Just like that big big shyter Pat that has ripped off a fellow collector,I hope your entire collection suffers metal fatique and any plastic parts also suffer from the plastic gremlins.Your time will come.
Happy Days we are getting out of the EU

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:15 pm

I doubt that will happen here, the Landy (I believe) is the propety of Mattel, Inc. and the journey and related information also ultimately belongs to Mattel, Inc. so if anyone tried that (and the have) I guess you would face the might of Mattel's legal team for them to recover their property

Rob

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:42 pm

I just spent the weekend with Paul Carr and I can confirm he has the Landy as I watched him open the box and saw it inside the clear plastic box that Shabbir had sent it in. Paul has been so busy with his job that he just has not got round to doing anything about it but has asked me to let everyone know that he will get some photos taken very soon and then send it on to Hardy.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Thanks Rob, cant wait to see more photos of his trip :10:

nzallen

Postby nzallen » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:16 am

Sucks!!!! I hadn't realised that. Is this a$$hole publicly known?

mixwins
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mixwins » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:26 am

No, not publicly known. Only me & a couple of Admins at MCCH. Oh & the person that has Vinnie.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:00 am

mixwins wrote:No, not publicly known. Only me & a couple of Admins at MCCH. Oh & the person that has Vinnie.

You should make it known publicly, someone like that should be outed for the person they are so that every member of the collecting community knows not to deal with them. If it remains the knowledge of only a select few then you run the risk of someone else being stung by them

Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Jimgallegos » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:07 am

The Landy is resting in the home of Matchbox with Paul. I know Paul gets so busy and will forward to Hardy. I am curious to see what Paul comes up with for the Journey. He has some amazing plans I am sure. Too bad about Vinnie. I hope the person realizes it is for fun and sends it on.
Jim Gallegos. Thanks to all who were a part of the 2015 Matchbox Collectors Gathering. Start planing for 2016. Dates are 15-17 July 2016. Registration Starts 31. Dec. at midnight MST Email me for details. matchb0x1@aol.com

Return to “The Landy's Journey”