The Landy's Journey Continues

A forum to watch and learn all about the journey of the Matchbox Land Rover as it travels the world.
SIRO CONVOY
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: The Landy's Journey Continues

Postby SIRO CONVOY » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:42 am

mixwins wrote:I hope this ends better than Vinnie's adventure.

Disappeared into a recipients collection and no amount of coaxing could gain his release. If that person is reading you are one @&$(@!^&#^%.

What is the deal with this, little behind the story about what the vinnie was, whats the full story??? anyone...

TRUCK COLLECTOR

keefyd
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby keefyd » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:34 pm

Folks, what is happening with the landy's adventure these days??
http://www.matchbox1-75.co.uk - UK Matchbox Superfast 1-75 Miniatures from 1969 to date.

https://keefydblog.wordpress.com - blogging about diecast, sport and stuff.

Naji

Postby Naji » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:38 am

I don't get it..... What happened to Landy???? Why did it stop going around the world?
Naji (The Lebanon)

Bill50
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Bill50 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:52 pm

If Jim G sees this he may tell us all what is happening.
Happy Days we are getting out of the EU

matchboxmarcel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby matchboxmarcel » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:34 pm

So as it is Gathering's time.
What happened with the Orange Landrover which started it's journey on a Gathering a few years ago.
I contributed and made photos here and would like to know what happened.

marcel

keefyd
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby keefyd » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:49 pm

This beggars belief..............from our "friends" over at TOF:

matchboxtom
Administrator
Anyone know what happened to the world traveling Orange Landrover? #1 07-19-2013, 01:15 PM

Anyone know what happened to the world traveling Orange Landrover?

sschevyman
Southern most member of NW Matchbox Club
07-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Last year ,Mark mentioned about getting it back.......................Hey Tom, you want to start a NEW one for the MCCH to have??? I am all for it.
http://www.matchbox1-75.co.uk - UK Matchbox Superfast 1-75 Miniatures from 1969 to date.

https://keefydblog.wordpress.com - blogging about diecast, sport and stuff.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:00 pm

keefyd wrote:Last year ,Mark mentioned about getting it back

There was an attempt by some to kidnap the Landy and a dispute ensued over his ownership which sadly had some innocent collectors caught up in the argument. That was resolved last year as the Landy and his journey was and still is a product of Mattel, Inc. and ownership remains with them as they are the ones who run this project.
As for his location, I dont know. The last I heard was in November 2012 he was in Hackney, London visiting the traditional home of Matchbox with Paul Carr, sadly there has been no sighting of him since that time.

Bill50
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Bill50 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:06 pm

I hope you all noted the timing of the post just as the gathering is under way.The two are both mods on there as well.

I thought this year there would be no mention of Tof.
Happy Days we are getting out of the EU

TinMan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby TinMan » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:05 am

I'm told that several posters on TOF have turned quite negative about this project. Seems that if posts about the Landy's travels only show up on other sites, they have no interest in the project and have resorted to outright bashing the effort. I've some earth shattering news for some TOF members: The hobby doesn't revolve around the mcch. This hobby revolves around the toy models and the people who collect them. The best sites are easy to join (the mcch is impossible for many to join) and doesn't kick out more members per year than join. I guess it's just a matter of time before any future mention of "the Landy project" shows up as: "the *censored* project."

TinMan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby TinMan » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:22 pm

It would seem that Mark Curtis has read my most recent post on this subject and decided to post a response about the traveling Landrover Project (response is in a thread on the same subject on TOF). His response also indicates he is considering his own traveling model featuring one of his CCI fundraising models. I wish them well as many collectors enjoy these kind of projects.

It's a sad shame that this model and project became a victim of Mark's decision to part ways with Jim. When people become rigid and refuse to change for the better of the hobby community, this is what happens. The end result is that collectors lose out and are denied hobby enjoyment.

It's important for egos to be set aside, for people to change with the times and, most of all, for some to remember why they started a forum in the first place: To benefit the hobby and make it more enjoyable!

I wish Mark and the loyal members of the mcch the best of success with a traveling model project. Many there seem to need something like this which they can call their own and this would be a good way for them to do it.

Return to “The Landy's Journey”