Cardboard Dealer Display

A place to discuss all things related to the original Matchbox series vehicles up to 1969/70
matchboxtom
Elite Member
Elite Member

Cardboard Dealer Display

Postby matchboxtom » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:12 pm

Spent some time reviving a very tired cardboard display. Very happy with the result. All of the piece just slide in. Did not glue or attach anything so if the next owner wants to do something else they can.

Finished

Thin plywood front panel to hold header straight

Piece up each side with shelf supports for each shelf

rastus115
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Cardboard Dealer Display

Postby rastus115 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:13 am

Looks good Tom. Hopefully with a bit of time the cardboard shelves will settle flat on your new supports.

You could also send a photo of it to the managers at Mattel to give them a history lesson on the Matchbox legacy - "Authentic Scale Models" and "Matchless in Quality". Two traits that made Matchbox very popular and profitable. :)

matchboxtom
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Cardboard Dealer Display

Postby matchboxtom » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:33 pm

rastus115 wrote:Looks good Tom. Hopefully with a bit of time the cardboard shelves will settle flat on your new supports.

You could also send a photo of it to the managers at Mattel to give them a history lesson on the Matchbox legacy - "Authentic Scale Models" and "Matchless in Quality". Two traits that made Matchbox very popular and profitable. :)

If they don't flatten out I could try to steam them. I probably won't though. I have had this display for two years and finally fixed it up enough to display models again. Those shelves spent decades bending under the weight of the models.

Tom

Return to “Regular Wheels (1953 - 1969)”