need more blisterpacks for my display

Models of Yesteryear and Matchbox Collectibles ranges
matchboxmarcel
Elite Member
Elite Member

need more blisterpacks for my display

Postby matchboxmarcel » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:54 pm

Saturday feb 27rd there is a small swapmeet organised by NAMAC in the nice IJssel-lake town "Harderwijk" which is not far for me.
I decided to atend the meeting and have a table with my MATCHBOX FRED BRONNER 1966-1968 displayrack for red blisterpacks on show.

This display is not set up in my room and I didn't take it with me at the last MECA show.
It could have been seen before on public display on a day meeting of the Dutch Yesteryear Club and the an earlier MECA meeting in Dusseldorf, Germany which was not that well atended. The header and the Ford mode T pack only were on display during the big exhibition in the Ford A museum during the summer of 2013.
Since then I managed to find more red blisterpacks.
I have 1 red pack at least for all models known in this type of packaging including the red Bugatti and yellow Mercer. (both only exist with one box type inside and a 1966 rear card)
However some of the packs do exist with D3, E or E1 boxes inside with 1966 or 1968 rear cards.
A they displayrack can hold 12 x 4 = 48 blisterpacks and I currently have only 34 of this type there is still space for more variations !

I hope to post better photos after the event in Harderwijk.

The packs are more expensive now then they were back 50 years ago !

marcel

Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: need more blisterpacks for my display

Postby Jimgallegos » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:31 pm

This is a beautiful display. It is the best representation of this series I have ever seen by far. You are very fortunate to have amassed the series. Thanks for sharing.
Jim Gallegos. Thanks to all who were a part of the 2015 Matchbox Collectors Gathering. Start planing for 2016. Dates are 15-17 July 2016. Registration Starts 31. Dec. at midnight MST Email me for details. matchb0x1@aol.com

matchboxmarcel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby matchboxmarcel » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:32 pm

The Y8-2 Sunbeam Motorcycle and Y9-1 Showmans Engine where not available in these blisterpacks. Probally because as they were not aimed to the USA market.
As you can see in my photos the Y9-2 simplex was available in these packs but the page I show you from the catalogue was just before that model was introduced into the range.

I have all the models loose with boxes, the way they were sold in other countries then the USA. The packaging and the fact they were never opened makes these more special and more valuable.

Here you see the page from the 1968 USA trace catalogue and the Y9-2 Simplex is mentioned here.

As I wrote in the earlier post these red blistercards for Yesteryears were avaible between 1966-1968 and exist with 1966 or 1968 rear cards.

marcel

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:58 pm

absolutely brilliant :10:

matchboxtom
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby matchboxtom » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:16 pm

Beautiful display. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

matchboxmarcel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby matchboxmarcel » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 am

I promised to post some photos of my display at the swapmeet last saturday in Harderwijk.
It was a lovely event with aprox 150 visitors,.
Mainly collectors tables with old items on sale.
There was a table with items on display only including my 1966-1968 USA wire rack with blisterpacks (incl. the original FRED BRONNER trade carton)

All paper models on display (not for sale) (displayed by Jan)

Paper model of Rolls Royce on display (not for sale)

Some of the items on sale:
Tuf Toys with boxes (the boxes are very rare to find here)

A big vintage Tonka Truck with smaller Matchbox on top:

Norwegian Tomte Toys from the early 70ties. These are often based on old Dinky Tooling.

Even more at another seller's table:

Some of the Dinky Toys on sale:

The Houten swapmeet had entrance buttons from 1994-2010. (17 years x 6 swapmeets a year and one extra when there was a 2 day swapmeet) is 103 different to collect.
These are now sought after. I attented almost every Houten swapmeet during those years and when they stopped with the buttons I got the missing ones from another collector.

This seller had a lot of these with him in a box under the table:

2 members of the Dutch 3 inch club had set up tables with their models which attracted a lot of buyers. Very popular scale with youger collectors.

A table full of Disney CARS models for the even younger collectors:

A 1/24 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow for Kevin !

Some vintage Matchbox and more:

Nice ashtrays from local garage holders (from the 60ties)

marcel

matchboxmarcel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby matchboxmarcel » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:58 pm

I forgot to post the link to the tv report for the local tv.
They came along in the afternoon and this was broadcast last thursday.
I can be seen from 8.50 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgi5OHc ... e=youtu.be

marcel

Return to “Yesteryear & Collectibles”