MY FIRST MATCHBOX

A place to discuss all thing related to Superfast Matchbox vehicles from the change over in 1969/70 up till Mattel took ownership in 1997
johnnyfootballhero

Re: MY FIRST MATCHBOX

Postby johnnyfootballhero » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:31 pm

matchboxmarcel wrote:These 3 models are the rarest castings to find in the My First Matchbox line.

I lucked out, then; I got the six-pack with the Lincoln Town Car but never knew it was rare until now. Thank you for informing me!

matchboxmarcel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby matchboxmarcel » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:32 am

This is an interesting website for my First Matchbox:

http://www.garyscars.co.uk/mb/lnl/page2.htm

matchboxmarcel

robcleve117
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby robcleve117 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:35 pm

Thanks for showing
I have the matchbox sign with the bear in it and I always wondered where it came from

johnnyfootballhero

Postby johnnyfootballhero » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:12 pm

That's a great site! I never realized My First Matchbox was intended for sale here.

Now I'm curious: what was the one store there that sold the six-pack with the Lincoln Town Car, and what would the entire six-pack bring today?

matchboxmarcel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby matchboxmarcel » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:14 am

This rare variation was recently sold on Ebay.
I saw it to late and only found out after the closing.

MI 184 (MB 16-E), (pre-production?)
ford ltd with roof light
white, blue base, RED & YELLOW wheels, Thailand

There is currently a 30 PIECE PLAY PACK on Ebay which atracts a lot of bidders already.

matchboxmarcel

Matchboxmaniac

Postby Matchboxmaniac » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:22 am

All I can say is WOW! what a collection of My First Matchbox. Never seen anything close. THANK YOU for sharing.

REALLY

Postby REALLY » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:10 pm

I have a question for Marcel. Did the MFM line up have a Ford model "a" coupe in it .I've looked at all your pics and paperwork ..... but didn't see one . Seems I won an auction for a 6 car set and in the "sealed pack" it contains a Model a Ford . The body is blue , fenders are red and it has yellow wheels. Appears to have a picture of a clown on the side? Its on its way . When I receive it I can post some pics. Thanx !!!

matchboxmarcel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby matchboxmarcel » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:31 pm

Hello Really,

I know that Ford A. It is nice and looks to be from the my First Matchbox range.

It is however part of a very nice large Circus set which has nothing to do with MY FIRST MATCHBOX range. This is from 1992.

Matchbox made more Circus sets. I relay like that theme. The set pictured here is the only set with that Ford.

The set is lovely to have.
Did you get more models ?

marcel

REALLY

Postby REALLY » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:12 pm

Marcel... somehow I knew you would know about that car! Thank you . It is a 6 pack of cars from from a guy in England containing the red dbl decker bus, fire engine , rover sterling, jeep 4x4, and the cement truck & of course the aforementioned questionable Ford . Sale states that it is mint and sealed ... He has other mint models in boxes and so far everything has been "legit". So far has been a stand up guy. Is there ANY possibility of it being some kind of error? {{ probably not huh ?}}. Funny... as soon as I checked back on this post you had the exact correct car up that was in question and posted already.

REALLY

Postby REALLY » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:12 pm

Marcel... somehow I knew you would know about that car! Thank you . It is a 6 pack of cars from from a guy in England containing the red dbl decker bus, fire engine , rover sterling, jeep 4x4, and the cement truck & of course the aforementioned questionable Ford . Sale states that it is mint and sealed ... He has other mint models in boxes and so far everything has been "legit". So far has been a stand up guy. Is there ANY possibility of it being some kind of error? {{ probably not huh ?}}. Funny... as soon as I checked back on this post you had the exact correct car up that was in question and posted already.

Return to “Superfast Era (1969 - 1997)”