Porsche K-70 : 3 grey/silver wheel and 1 red wheel

A place to discuss all thing related to Superfast Matchbox vehicles from the change over in 1969/70 up till Mattel took ownership in 1997
Supernikje

Porsche K-70 : 3 grey/silver wheel and 1 red wheel

Postby Supernikje » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi,

I hope I post this on the right place, I'm new here...

I've got this miniature Porsche K-70 and I noticed it has 3 grey/silver wheels, but the fourth one is red :geek:
As a beginner I don't know if this happens regulary, if it is a fault by manufactering, if it is a variation, or any other meaning.
I hope some of you collectors with experience could give me some information about it.

I also read there were different variations of this Porsche?
Mine had the markings "Made in England", is that the first variation?
Are there other differences with the newer ones?

Thanks in advance ;)

charliep

Re: Porsche K-70 : 3 grey/silver wheel and 1 red wheel

Postby charliep » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:22 pm

Hi Supernikje,

What you have there is the fairly common K70 Porsche Turbo from the Matchbox Superkings series so it would have been best if posted in the Kingsize forum. Although the picture showing the red wheel is not that clear, more likely someone tried to customize it. There are many color variations of the
K70 Porsche Turbo such as lime green, metallic green, medium green, red, metallic red, or yellow. It was originally produced in England in 1979,
later in Macau and lastly China. Hope this helps.
Charlie

Supernikje

Re: Porsche K-70 : 3 grey/silver wheel and 1 red wheel

Postby Supernikje » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:44 pm

charliep wrote:Hi Supernikje,

What you have there is the fairly common K70 Porsche Turbo from the Matchbox Superkings series so it would have been best if posted in the Kingsize forum. Although the picture showing the red wheel is not that clear, more likely someone tried to customize it. There are many color variations of the
K70 Porsche Turbo such as lime green, metallic green, medium green, red, metallic red, or yellow. It was originally produced in England in 1979,
later in Macau and lastly China. Hope this helps.
Charlie

Hey Charlie,

Thank you for the information about the Porsche.
The picture is not clear, maybe I'll take another one by daylight and post it here.
I don't think it's customized because I bought it from a person which sold his cars from childhood, not a collector ;)
It also doesn't look like the red wheel is painted, more like it was red from the origin.
Hope you'll have a better view of it when I post a new picture.

Return to “Superfast Era (1969 - 1997)”