Official Matchbox Instagram Pics

The place to discuss all thing related to Mattel era Matchbox vehicles. That is all miniatures from 1997 till today
carmagreviews
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Official Matchbox Instagram Pics

Postby carmagreviews » Mon May 23, 2016 3:49 am

Yep its a Pity about the Plastic but Renault Master Ambulance that is also Plastic still sells out the door!
Interesting the GMC based Fire Tender has now returned back to metal! so maybe hoping metal will make a return. Hells bells with metal remarkably cheap at the moment- I work for a non profit organisation that part of its work is Recycling metals and prices of some metals are so low that practically not worth recycling for profit - Thankyou China for dumping your metal on the overseas market...
I Will buy the Matchbox Transit - Pity its not white - No Doubt Oxford in their excellent 1/76 range will also produce the latest version although expensive - and I buy that too - I picked up last year a 2013 Ford Transit in Lamond Scotland Rescue Service last year and was impressed

I heard about a lot of matchbox collectors of older material are now selling up to buy more Oxford 1/76 because its so good and some variants are getting quite hard to find and in time prices will rise...despite what so called Matchbox experts are saying...

WACCA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby WACCA » Mon May 23, 2016 9:44 am

I love the old Transit van and I bet the Hotwheels one remains metal.

I currently don't have one plastic bodied Matchbox and with this new Transit being plastic I don't see it coming home.

adbutler
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby adbutler » Wed May 25, 2016 8:56 am

Love the Volvo V60, looks great in it's final colour. Can't wait to find it.
MAJORETTE..... this is how a 3inch diecast vehicle is made Mattel!

94SS
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby 94SS » Wed May 25, 2016 11:40 am

It is awesome. One day plastic rubbish, the next, a masterpiece. I really dont fucking get it.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed May 25, 2016 12:07 pm

94SS wrote:It is awesome. One day plastic rubbish, the next, a masterpiece. I really dont fucking get it.

Because if you drip feed the masses the occasional good model then the majority will be sucked in to thinking that Mattel care and are listening to the collector. This sort of thing allows people to give you an example of just how Mattel are changing, of course the majority actually have a brain and are wide awake to these cynical tactics are despite releasing a good model every now and then are well aware that on the Mattel suck at distribution, they suck at making model cars and have no idea what diecast is any more as they have fallen in love with injection moulding instead

jnoss66

Postby jnoss66 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:26 am

This hasn't been posted on the Matchbox Instagram account yet but a few are doing the rounds .

grahamh

Postby grahamh » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:37 pm

Yes, this Toy Fair model was posted on the Matchbox IG feed a couple of weeks ago. It was also mentioned in the comments that it's 1:77 scale.
Instagram: diecast215

Return to “Mattel Era (1997 - now)”