Shampoo

The place to discuss all thing related to Mattel era Matchbox vehicles. That is all miniatures from 1997 till today
cannonwillow

Shampoo

Postby cannonwillow » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:17 am

Did matchbox even ever make the body wash and bath bubbles as advertised...

I can only find the bar soap (Same 8 different Toys Inside) and Shampoo from 1997 - 1998

I have searched for the body wash and bath bubbles for a very long time. Nothing ever found.

ritchie

Re: Shampoo

Postby ritchie » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:04 am

wow! never seen it before. need to cut the tube if you want to free the car? mom probably won't let you do so until the shampoo is used up :D

cannonwillow

Postby cannonwillow » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:03 am

You have to love the simple 3 step directions to wash hair.

1) Wet hair

2) apply shampoo

3) lather

optional repeat if necessary

:( oh no. we need a step 4) Rinse. I guess if we repeat, which is now necessary, we get to wet hair again. works as long as the repeat is stopped before the 2nd step 2). If not repeating a third time will be necessary :mrgreen:

Technically "repeat if necessary" may mistakenly be thought to just repeat step 3 and not the entire sequence. Lather away. Eventually the soap may come out.

Thankfully the shampoo is Tear-Free. Unfortunately getting picked on in grade school with a head full of really sticky hair is not free of tears :oops:

I wonder if this is when matchbox lost the ability to work with numbers and packages :lol:

cannonwillow

Postby cannonwillow » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:15 am

Bump

maybe I should drain the liquid, the cars are slowly dissolving. The liquid is getting darker also :| :shock: :?

or maybe the plastic tube is yellowing from the inside out :?:
NOT, the bottle on the right shows this isn't the case

CharlieMack

Postby CharlieMack » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:19 pm

It was interesting that name Matchbox was licensed for the shampoo, bath wash & soap but Matchbox toys were never used in the promotion. These were cheap no-name toys. Over the years they are dissolving inside- even in the soap!

cannonwillow

Postby cannonwillow » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:00 am

The amazing thing is that the clear plastic bottle is of higher quality than the toy within. 1000 years from now the bottle will still be usable, the toy returned to fossil fuel :D

Return to “Mattel Era (1997 - now)”