Frustrated in the UK

The place to discuss all thing related to Mattel era Matchbox vehicles. That is all miniatures from 1997 till today
William

Re: Frustrated in the UK

Postby William » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:06 am

I see MB case K, L & M are all out in the US.

Has anybody seen even a hint on any new MB in the UK?

craig tetlow

Postby craig tetlow » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:41 am

Sadly not William, im resolutely stuck on Batch G as none of my Poundland stores had Batch H in and Asda yet again are messing things up for UK collectors. I have a sneaky suspicion that when new batches do show up there they will have skipped a few. Same goes for HW too!! :-(

Deuceydog

Postby Deuceydog » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:06 pm

My local Asdas have had nothing new for ages. the closest one to me is huge and has had 2 or 3 damaged singles only for 2 months.

Just to rub salt salt in the wounds, they have rolled back Hot wheels to £1 each.

Ewen J

Postby Ewen J » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:40 am

New 5 packs in Toys r Us. Not sure what that signifies, but there you have it.....

craig tetlow

Postby craig tetlow » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:14 am

Looking at the ones ive seen in my local Toys R Us branches they all appear to be old five vehicle sets dating from 2015. Tk Maxx and Home Bargains are now selling three vehicle sets, most of them contain models which can be found in the five vehicle sets ASDA have been selling for over a year but the odd ones have 2017 castings not seen here such as the Chevrolet Blazer in camouflage livery.
Tk Maxx are also currently offering some really nice and well priced 2017 Majorette sets too.

SteveR

Postby SteveR » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:51 pm

I found some updated stock of 5-Packs in Asda today, with 2 that I haven't seen mentioned before.
A 2017 classic cars set, and I think the first 2018 pack which was desert or something like that. Sorry no photos.
It's really annoying that Asda keep doing promotions on HW to £1 and £5 for 5-pack, but never seem to do offers on the Matchbox.

SteveR

Deuceydog

Postby Deuceydog » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:54 pm

Exactly how Asda used to be some years ago when they stocked Matchbox.

Mattel need to take away this exclusivity deal, unless they stock them properly, or the brand will disappear in the UK

William

Postby William » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:29 pm

Noticed brown Volvo V60, silver MX5 and Golf GTI appearing on eBay on long cards from UK sellers. Has case H emerged at some Poundland stores ? Nothing new in my local stores though - surprise surprise.

This would put them ahead of Asda and their ridiculous exclusivity deal!

craig tetlow

Postby craig tetlow » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:37 pm

Yes William Batch H did briefly appear in various Poundland stores a few months ago but sadly not in ANY of the many I visited once the news broke on this and other diecast sites. It seems their newer stock centres on batches which date from around the summer of 2016. The only bit of good news is the new five vehicle sets which are being found in ASDA and thankfully I have been able to find them. New batches of MBX singles is now WELL overdue!!

William

Postby William » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:39 am

Thanks Craig. There has been a recent wave of UK batch H stuff on eBay so perhaps some further cases are appearing in stores?

What are the new 5 packs to look out for?

Return to “Mattel Era (1997 - now)”