Batch C & D in Poundland

The place to discuss all thing related to Mattel era Matchbox vehicles. That is all miniatures from 1997 till today
Deuceydog

Batch C & D in Poundland

Postby Deuceydog » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:15 pm

Heads Up

Just found batch C & D in Poundland, which fills some gaps missed by Asda.

craig tetlow

Re: Batch C & D in Poundland

Postby craig tetlow » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:23 am

Wow thats quick!! Managed to get Batch D from a recent trip to America though I bet ASDA will be miffed especially as Batch C still lingers in most of their stores!

William

Postby William » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:19 am

Thanks for the tip off Deuceydog.

Has anyone else had any luck in finding these? I've tried 4 Poundland stores so far but nothing yet.

andrew_d_webb

Postby andrew_d_webb » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Tried three branches in Lewisham, all of which had virtually nothing Matchbox. Went to Hayes (west London) and picked up the Zamboni ice resurfacing machine in purple. It seems the batches are in the process of being delivered

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:29 pm

Found several from Batch D at Poundland's Lincoln store on Wednesday, bought the Transit in blue, GMC pickup in brown, Ghe-O Predator and Tinforcer (both new castings rather underwhelming in my opinion) but several others there including the purple Zamboni and the yellow Freightliner fire engine, plus some from Batch C that have already appeared in Asda. Have to say I was somewhat relieved as all the Poundland branches I'd visited lately had been re-stocking with older stuff than they already had, I'd been wondering if the weak pound meant they couldn't sell them for a quid and still make a profit. Same trip to Lincoln turned up nothing later than batch C in either of the two Asda stores in the south of the city, the Living store still having plenty of stock including the pegwarmers from earlier batches, so something of a surprise to find new batch G stock in the much smaller Newark store the next day. I was beaten to the best stuff, no VW transporter or Merc 6x6 though I did find a Scooby. Other than that and the silver LR90 only the generics, but on previous form the others will turn up sooner or later. But still no batch E or the remains of B or F that Asda didn't have, so no green Ford GT or purple Dodge, perhaps they'll turn up later.

Return to “Mattel Era (1997 - now)”