Toy Hall of Fame

The place to discuss all thing related to Mattel era Matchbox vehicles. That is all miniatures from 1997 till today
Fire46

Re: Toy Hall of Fame

Postby Fire46 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:19 pm

Why did they even let us vote, if they knew who was going to be put in from the beginning. Toy Hall of Fame is nothing but a big joke.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:20 pm

Is it just me or do I think the THOF detected a "campaign" for want of a better word. Matchbox and PEZ between them must have had 95% of the votes yet neither was inducted. Certainly this website (and others?) has been encouraging people to make multiple votes, I can only assume the equivalent sites for PEZ have been doing the same. I think we've all seen in the media that surveys like this tend to discount the candidate when this kind of thing is suspected. So maybe we have our own enthusiasm to blame. But I can't say otherwise than that if any brand deserves induction it's Matchbox!

Oldmanmatchbox

Postby Oldmanmatchbox » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:14 pm

I'd think fair enough to exclude Matchbox and Pez if they thought there had been a campaign to rig voting through forums, ect - but to induct a rake of rubbish most kids would throw in the bin is beyond belief!!

Return to “Mattel Era (1997 - now)”