2017 BATCH K FINALLY AT ASDA

The place to discuss all thing related to Mattel era Matchbox vehicles. That is all miniatures from 1997 till today
craig tetlow

2017 BATCH K FINALLY AT ASDA

Postby craig tetlow » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:08 pm

Great news, my local ASDA had TWO cases full of 2017 Batch K stuff ie. Black BMW I3 and Golf 4x4. Miracles do happen!!!

craig tetlow

Re: 2017 BATCH K FINALLY AT ASDA

Postby craig tetlow » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:26 pm

Further to yesterdays Batch K discoveries at ASDA I went for a proper diecast hunt today. Virtually all their stores I visited had Batch K but rather bizarely one actually had a full case of the missed Batch H which briefly showed up at Poundland.

William

Postby William » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Thanks for the tip off Craig.

Does this latest batch include the blue Dodge Viper or is that going to be another US only release? Found 2 or 3 of all the others at my local ASDA but no Vipers.

craig tetlow

Postby craig tetlow » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Having found at least three unopened cases of Batch K I would say that sadly this is another casting which has missed the U.K. rather like the purple Dodge and green Ford GT40. The latter as we all know turned up recently at Poundworld so maybe the blue Viper will sometime down the line.

ManBurning

Postby ManBurning » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:50 pm

Two full unopened cases of H at my Asda but no K...

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:02 pm

Found cases H and K locally but not both at the same store. Was beaten to the Golf Country and Nissan Junior from K but experience suggests I'll find them before long. Case H was unopened and assistant opened it for me (many thanks!), was I looking with my nose or is the street sweeper missing from UK boxes? Both surprised and not-surprised by the number of generics from batch G carried over, still plenty in the bin in the store. As an aside, how, if at all, do Mattel / Matchbox assess what sells and what doesn't? Obviously not from shop returns as all the models have the same barcode so the shops only get to find put how many Matchbox they sell (to compare with HW, HTI etc?.) I do remember getting a till receipt itemised along the lines of "Porsche, Fire engine, Tractor..." and so on many years ago so it can be done, but usually just "Matchbox" or similar these days. Assume there must be some form of feedback but do they see the number of generics getting long-service awards in the stores?

craig tetlow

Postby craig tetlow » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Ive come across quite a few cases of H and K so im sure youll get the models you want soon but can also say sadly the generic but realistic street sweeper hasnt made it here along with the blue Dodge from K. I think Mattel know that these generics just dont sell considering how many online complaints they must see online but it seems they cant get away from them in both of their brands, does licensing really cost so much?
I would be interested to know at what point do our various retailers realise that the generic HTI stuff doesnt sell either regardless of how cheap they are!! When their packs of two arnt selling in Poundland then how do yhey expect singles to sell!!

rastus115
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby rastus115 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:22 am

William wrote:Thanks for the tip off Craig.

Does this latest batch include the blue Dodge Viper or is that going to be another US only release? Found 2 or 3 of all the others at my local ASDA but no Vipers.

I am in Australia and I picked up the blue Dodge Viper a couple of days ago so it is not a USA only release. The back of the card was stamped K29.

William

Postby William » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:23 pm

Just found a single blue Dodge Viper on short card in an ASDA store in the UK. Is this a carry over as it wasnt in the first K cases that arrived here??

David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby David Tilley » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:29 am

No they have batch L too. So I am hoping this means Asda UK are going to be getting smaller more frequent batches allowing us to find them all.

:) :D :P

Return to “Mattel Era (1997 - now)”