POWERGRABS AT HOME BARGAINS

The place to discuss all thing related to Mattel era Matchbox vehicles. That is all miniatures from 1997 till today
craig tetlow

POWERGRABS AT HOME BARGAINS

Postby craig tetlow » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:36 am

More "new" Matchbox at Home Bargains only this time they are in the wonderfully traditional Powergrabs rectangular boxes. Its the batch containing the blue Transit and yellow Freightliner Fire Engine so possibly nothing new model wise for most of us but the packaging might sway it for you to buy more as ive not seen this sub series anywhere in the U.K. before.

MikeG

Re: POWERGRABS AT HOME BARGAINS

Postby MikeG » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:14 pm

You've beaten me to it again, Craig. Discovered the same batch at my local HB this morning. Not much to add except that they're stamped K19 which is quite a bit newer than the ones I found earlier this year in Poundland, which were J49, so potential for variations I suppose. But with sealed boxes impossible to tell without buying! Bought the purple Zamboni which I hadn't bothered with earlier just to get at least one of this series.

craig tetlow

Postby craig tetlow » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:29 pm

Lol, I keep telling myself to have a week long break from diecast hunting but I just cant bare the thought of missing out on anything new!!
I bought a few of the Freightliners and Transit and even ventured into the world of generics with the Vantom, ive never felt the desire to buy one before but im shallow enough to admit is was the packaging which swayed me! ;-)

Ewen J

Postby Ewen J » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:10 pm

Nothing I didn't have, but picked 3 of them up for the novelty. Vantom, Transit & Stepside. The boy got the Vantom to play with :) . Be nice to see HB land more of these cases, but going by their die cast MO, it'll be a cyclical thing. Expect a different case in May or something.

Ewen J

Postby Ewen J » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:29 am

Ok, totally wrong on that. Found the Dodge Challenger SRT in a totally different selection (K 31). This could be interesting....

blue

Postby blue » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:33 pm

Finally some have arrived down sarf London way!!

Return to “Mattel Era (1997 - now)”