Real v diecast

The place to discuss all things related to Emergency diecast of any brand.
ems90

Re: Real v diecast

Postby ems90 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:36 pm

I love this thread !!!!

My next contribution is another comparison photo.

In 2000, Toronto EMS had vehicles supplied to us by a Quebec firm called Demers, the Type III's we used were called "Mystere's", and were baed on a Ford chassis. Here's one pictured with a custom Majorette Type III of similar design.

Glen
Glen Gillies
Paramedic - Toronto Paramedic Services

ems90

Postby ems90 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:41 pm

Type II Van style Ambulances were being phased out of our service in Toronto in the early part of 2001. Here's a combination pic of one that was supplied by Saskatoon, Saskatchewan based conversion company Crestline, compared with a generic Ford Type II diecast Van made in China.

Glen
Glen Gillies

ems90

Postby ems90 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:48 pm

Supervisor Units and ERU's (Emergency Response Units - single medic fly cars), were based on Chevrolet Tahoe's in our service starting in 2003 and still are today.

Here's a 2003 comparison pic of an actual Chevrolet Supervisory Tahoe and a Hongwell 1/43 scale diecast version, followed up by an ERU version comparison pic as well.

Glen
Glen Gillies

ems90

Postby ems90 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:56 pm

2003 saw another experiment in Toronto, in an effort to improve scene response times, the ERU program was expanded dramatically. Toronto EMS swung a deal with our local Police service to acquire 6 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptors to trial as ERU's. This program ran for 3 years and was shelved in favour of the Chevrolet Tahoe's (they were much more practical for our purpose). The FCV's were removed from front line service and utilized as Admin. Vehicles for the remainder of their lives at Toronto EMS.

Here's a comparison pic of the FCV and its Gearbox 1/43 scale diecast counterpart.

Glen
Glen Gillies

ems90

Postby ems90 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:58 pm

This has to be my favourite Real V Diecast pic comparison pic in my collection.

This pic features the first ESU (Emergency Support Unit) MCI (Mass Casualty Incident) Ambulance Bus in the Metropolitan Toronto Department of Ambulance Services fleet. It was nicknamed "Princess" and carried fleet # ESU 5

A 1963 GMC "Fishbowl" Bus purchased from our Transit system provider in 1975 for $1.00 and converted in the Toronto Ambulance shops into a Mass Casualty Transport Ambulance carrying 8 stretcher patients and 10 ambulatory.

This vehicle saw service from 1976 until 1989 when it was retired and scrapped.

Here it is pictured with a Corgi 1/50 scale replica counterpart.

Glen
Glen Gillies

firehawk

Postby firehawk » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:20 pm

Real:

Diecast:
(Guess I haven't any photos of the white-over-red Matchbox original release....)

Some (much?) ado was made when the first release came out because the cab/chassis was licensed but the pump body was a "Matchbox creation". I dunno, but the "generic" parts look pretty "scale model-ish" to me....

firehawk

Postby firehawk » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:31 am

I think this is the 4700 chassis....

Then there's the updated chassis, the International 4900 by S&S and BME

Return to “Emergency”