SIKU 1/87 combine harvester

The place to discuss anything you like about any farming related diecast
bigtractormike
Elite Member
Elite Member

SIKU 1/87 combine harvester

Postby bigtractormike » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:33 pm

This German made SIKU model came to me via South Africa believe it or not. I bought this model along with another boxed tractor trailer unit . I took so long to get to me, i forgot all about it, until the shock of seeing the package on my doorstep, box battered and smashed in, torn flaps, definite re-tape job . The model box is slightly squashed, but most importantly, the models are perfect !!

SIKU 1/87 th US truck with combine harvester #1851

JD 9680i WTS Combine w/ grain head
- rubber tires w/ moving grain bin auger boom
- grain head detaches / moves up and down when attached

No name semi cab (peterbilt ?? ) w/ rubber tires / wide deck thri-axle goose neck trailer w/ rubber tires
- trailer can be detached from the gooseneck feature or directly from the tractor itself

Highly detailed , almost all metal die-cast model . they are a bit pricey but well worth it !! hands down a winner over anything from MB or HW or many other brands as well.

Wish they would have SIKu display at Toys-r-us over here like they do in Europe. Would spend a lot of money on SIKU's !!

Hope you enjoyed the pics !! Thanks for looking !!

btm

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SIKU 1/87 combine harvester

Postby admin » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:41 pm

bigtractormike wrote:Highly detailed , almost all metal die-cast model . they are a bit pricey but well worth it !! hands down a winner over anything from MB or HW or many other brands as well.

This is why those of us lucky enough to get SIKU love them, sure you pay a bit more but its well worth it as you see, their models are superb. I haven't seen this one myself in person but would love to get one of these for the collection. Mattel could learn a lot from SIKU

Bill50
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Bill50 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:49 pm

admin wrote:
bigtractormike wrote:Highly detailed , almost all metal die-cast model . they are a bit pricey but well worth it !! hands down a winner over anything from MB or HW or many other brands as well.

This is why those of us lucky enough to get SIKU love them, sure you pay a bit more but its well worth it as you see, their models are superb. I haven't seen this one myself in person but would love to get one of these for the collection. Mattel could learn a lot from SIKU

That is why i want Keefyd to try and get a dialogue with Siku and Simba Dickie Group people,i am bored witless reading the same old crap from collectors of Matchbox and there expectation that things will change,they never will as there is no demand.A few hundred collectors is nothing to the hundreds of thousands toddlers living in the Latin American countries.
Happy Days we are getting out of the EU

adbutler
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby adbutler » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:01 am

They look bloody great Mike.
MAJORETTE..... this is how a 3inch diecast vehicle is made Mattel!

carmagreviews
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby carmagreviews » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:03 pm

Fantastic Mike - For a long time here in NZ we could get John Deere models apparently there was licensing issues brand did not allow NZ to receive them - Only last 2-4 years has John Deere been made available- this set I have not seen here:)

Return to “Farming”