At last, at last, at last.

The place to discuss all those larger scale Matchbox like the King Size, Sea Kings, Speed Kings or the Super Kings ranges
Matt79
Elite Member
Elite Member

At last, at last, at last.

Postby Matt79 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:31 pm

I have been searching high and low for the K-6 Motorcycle Transporter without engine for literally years (since I found the engined one). But the quest was also to find the box with the updated artwork with a 1975 copywrite date.

The first box released pictured with the engine has a 1974 copywrite date and obviously is rarer than the 1975 as it was only available for a year or two with an engine. However there is a third style box with a 1978 copywrite date which is the later plain blue (boring) style which I think is the most common and also shares the same rear graphic as the 1975 copywrited box but without the wooshing background. Confused yet?

Anyhoo I am thrilled to have found it. Here are the pics to compare. The engine model didn't last long at all. Sorry for the longwindedness but I had to explain.

Without Engine

Pictured with the engine.

1975 Copywrited box without engine.

1974 Copywrited box with engine.

Both together.

Side View.

Here is the later 1978 Copywrited box. Pictures from the realms of the net.
Front

Back

......and breath.
:lol:

johnnyfootballhero

Re: At last, at last, at last.

Postby johnnyfootballhero » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:45 am

I was unaware this even existed with a visible engine: very cool.

cdg
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby cdg » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:09 am

I've been looking for a good non engine example for AGES. Good score!
:happy:
Living life in 1:64!
My diecast blog http://capitaldiecastgarage.blogspot.com
Canberra Diecast Tragics facebook www.facebook.com/pages/Canberra-Diecast ... 1431115146

Matt79
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Matt79 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:05 pm

Thanks peeps. Yes it's taken ages but I finally have one.

keefyd
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby keefyd » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:46 pm

Dammit.................must..........stop.......looking.......at.................ebay.........................
http://www.matchbox1-75.co.uk - UK Matchbox Superfast 1-75 Miniatures from 1969 to date.

https://keefydblog.wordpress.com - blogging about diecast, sport and stuff.

Matt79
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Matt79 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:58 pm

keefyd wrote:Dammit.................must..........stop.......looking.......at.................ebay.........................

Hello Keefy, :D welcome back. Yes you must, you know what happens when you're on there.

keefyd
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby keefyd » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:31 am

Matt79 wrote:
keefyd wrote:Dammit.................must..........stop.......looking.......at.................ebay.........................

Hello Keefy, :D welcome back. Yes you must, you know what happens when you're on there.

Just passing by Matt..........just passing by - I am sure within minutes the ramblings of mbx64 and his bloody "showcase" will wind me up rotten.

SK's are a dangerous thing - I have K-6 in playworn condition and the Hondara was in green.

I am after a MIB example of this, but yet to find.

I have also managed to get a MIB Matra Rancho in red, which is one I wanted and never bought at the time.

Once I stop buying TLV-Neo's and a ridiculous amount of LEGO,then I may well turn my attention and back fill.

This is proper Matchbox - John Lambert can lay claim to say that Mattel new products are going to be good in the future, but unless they reach this standard, Matchbox is in name only.

Today's equivalent is the 1/43 BBurago range which are quite good at the price point - I now have several of those - all licensed.

Just like the BMW Mini.

Right, off again into the world of LEGO. May return at some point here, not sure when.
http://www.matchbox1-75.co.uk - UK Matchbox Superfast 1-75 Miniatures from 1969 to date.

Matt79
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Matt79 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:01 am

keefyd wrote:
Matt79 wrote:

Just passing by Matt..........just passing by - I am sure within minutes the ramblings of mbx64 and his bloody "showcase" will wind me up rotten.

SK's are a dangerous thing - I have K-6 in playworn condition and the Hondara was in green.

I am after a MIB example of this, but yet to find.

I have also managed to get a MIB Matra Rancho in red, which is one I wanted and never bought at the time.

Once I stop buying TLV-Neo's and a ridiculous amount of LEGO,then I may well turn my attention and back fill.

This is proper Matchbox - John Lambert can lay claim to say that Mattel new products are going to be good in the future, but unless they reach this standard, Matchbox is in name only.

Today's equivalent is the 1/43 BBurago range which are quite good at the price point - I now have several of those - all licensed.

Just like the BMW Mini.

Right, off again into the world of LEGO. May return at some point here, not sure when.

Well I hope you do. Good luck in finding the K-6. Yes new Matchbox are just not good anymore. If I buy anything new it's always Tomica. They remind me of how Matchbox were run. Nice displays, picture box and a quality product with moving parts and suspension.

keefyd
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby keefyd » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:33 pm

Matt79 wrote:
Well I hope you do. Good luck in finding the K-6. Yes new Matchbox are just not good anymore. If I buy anything new it's always Tomica. They remind me of how Matchbox were run. Nice displays, picture box and a quality product with moving parts and suspension.

Have you looked at the TLV-Neo stuff Matt.............my God it is good...........!

Matt79
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Matt79 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:58 pm

keefyd wrote:
Matt79 wrote:

Have you looked at the TLV-Neo stuff Matt.............my God it is good...........!

Yes I've seen it. It is lovely stuff but I'm concentrating more and more on old Matchbox Superfast now. I think eventually every other brand will be squeezed out of my collecting to focus purely on 1969-82 Matchbox.

I have a few Superking, Speedking gaps to fill as well.

Return to “King Size”