Excessive postage

The place to discuss all those larger scale Matchbox like the King Size, Sea Kings, Speed Kings or the Super Kings ranges
charliep

Excessive postage

Postby charliep » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:16 am

Recently a certain seller wanted $60 for 5 kingsize models for postage (domestic-east coast of the USA, seller is from Florida) and I refused to continue with the transaction. I am not sure if it is allowed, but I would like to post his name here so that others can be warned of the scam he runs. I have dealt with hundreds of sellers, and the vast majority were reasonable individuals. Some of them refund some of the postage money after they find out that costs were less then anticipated. Certainly much higher caliber of people than this seller.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Excessive postage

Postby admin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:07 pm

These forums are self monitored (by the members) there are no rules so if you feel it is wise to post this information please feel free to do so.

Of course common sense must also prevail, the seller may be on these boards and certainly has the right to reply to any and all accusation made against them. Personally I think the sharing of such information is always a good thing for the community as it will help weed out the less honest and desirable collectors. In fact there has already been one such case on these boards where the person was called out publicly and no longer visits us here but also no longer enjoys the trust and money from the wider collectors community so a win for the collectors.

Bill50
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Bill50 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:45 am

Name and shame any stitch up merchants you will be doing all genuine collectors a big favour.On another forum I use(not diecast) we go a step further,we actually inform the police if we suspect a more serious attempt at a false sale which usually revolves around the non sending of goods but monies taken.
Happy Days we are getting out of the EU

charliep

Postby charliep » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:15 am

The ebay seller goes by the name of TTRAINALL. He charges $12 dollars per item for postage and does not combine the items even though I won them all within 2 days or so. I have never run into such an individual even after thousands of transactions, but there is always a first. I called ebay and they agreed with me that the postage was excessive ($60 for 5 kingsize models which he has since re-listed); an unpaid item has been recorded on my account after literally thousands of positive transactions, 100% positive feedback since 1999. I have yet to follow up with ebay but I have been very busy.
I just want to give you a heads-up because if you bid on his auctions and think you are making out, don't forget there is an additional $12 per item to add to the price.
He wrote me and said the P&H is clearly stated but he should have also stated that he does not combine postage. Every decent seller that I have had bought from over the years combined postage except this rip off. My only motive here is to let fellow collectors aware of the scheme he runs.

Return to “King Size”