Loot from the Matchbox Gathering in ABQ USA

The place to find out anything and everything about the MC Gathering of Friends - Held every July in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
matchboxtom
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby matchboxtom » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:55 pm

Purple 67 RW
All yellow shovel
GPW bus
GPW Red Nestle

Silver Roller Cat
No peep hole Refuse Truck (yay!)

Variety of SF

Three preproductions including painted resin 'morphed' Viper that was never produced and Test Shot Mustang with no text on base.

Mustang Jerry

Re: Loot from the Matchbox Gathering in ABQ USA

Postby Mustang Jerry » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:43 pm

Very nice That purple VW is on my list as well.

David Tilley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby David Tilley » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:47 pm

The morphed Viper is still on my wants list too. However, I only collect what I call final prepros. These are the ones, where the model is painted up and it all there. Partials, resins, unpainteds etc I tend to leave behind. So although it is awesome you found a morphed Viper, because it is resin I am not jealous. I know there are 2 styles of final prepros (silver and silver with bullet holes) at least, and didn't Larry show off some others in a report recently too? There are some out there. Eventually I will get one. I have 2 Dodge Stealths (one black, the other black/green striped).

:) :D :P

Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Jimgallegos » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:34 am

You scored very well. Nice finds
Jim Gallegos. Thanks to all who were a part of the 2015 Matchbox Collectors Gathering. Start planing for 2016. Dates are 15-17 July 2016. Registration Starts 31. Dec. at midnight MST Email me for details. matchb0x1@aol.com

Sergoids
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Sergoids » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:55 am

Very nice finds. That Stretcha Fetcha is übercool !

mbxamb4

Postby mbxamb4 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:18 am

Yes a great time and treasures! One of my best finds was some black box Japanese issues from the Yoshise couple from Japan. Very nice people.

Toyotageek
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Toyotageek » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:26 am

mbxamb4 wrote:Yes a great time and treasures! One of my best finds was some black box Japanese issues from the Yoshise couple from Japan. Very nice people.

Ohhh...... can you post some pictures? Always interested in anything coming from Japan :D
Michael "Toyotageek"
Tomica Fan Club

mboxcollector
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mboxcollector » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:55 am

David Tilley wrote:The morphed Viper is still on my wants list too. However, I only collect what I call final prepros. These are the ones, where the model is painted up and it all there. Partials, resins, unpainteds etc I tend to leave behind. So although it is awesome you found a morphed Viper, because it is resin I am not jealous. I know there are 2 styles of final prepros (silver and silver with bullet holes) at least, and didn't Larry show off some others in a report recently too? There are some out there. Eventually I will get one. I have 2 Dodge Stealths (one black, the other black/green striped).

:) :D :P

You're like me when collecting prepro's. I don't collect resins or unpainted metal samples. They must be in what you call final prepro's. Why you say!!!!! I have no clue, it's just a preference and that's all!!! I have yet to obtain the silver version with or without bullet holes. I hope to add those versions some day.

mboxcollector
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mboxcollector » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:58 am

matchboxtom wrote:Loot from the Matchbox Gathering in ABQ USA

Purple 67 RW
All yellow shovel
GPW bus
GPW Red Nestle

Silver Roller Cat
No peep hole Refuse Truck (yay!)

Variety of SF

Three preproductions including painted resin 'morphed' Viper that was never produced and Test Shot Mustang with no text on base.

You did excellent at the Gathering. Really nice models!!! Sorry we didn't have a chance to get together and chat. Maybe next year I won't be so busy running around.
Larry

Return to “MC Gathering of Friends”